PDA

View Full Version : i need some help with vw touareg v10 tdi immo off

emyllyo
15th June, 2022, 04:10 AM
hi there. i have a 04 touareg v10 tdi . i lost the only key i had and i called about 5 mobile locksmiths , they were not able to program the new key i got from the dealer by vin #. one of the guys took the eeprom from the kessy module out in order to read the info. he resoldered the eeprom and tried (unsuccesful ) to program a new key. i took the car to one of the local dealers to get the key programed. inisial quote was $250. once i took the car in they called me and told me they need to change the steering column in order to program the key ( quote was $2500 ). i took the car back and now i am trying to do a immo off.
1st question ... is it possible to do immo off ? the car has 2 edc16u31 ecms.

what i did so far : i bought a mini prog ( xhorse), read the eeproms on the 2 ecms, uploaded the eeprom dumps in edc16 calculator and did a immo off. the new modified .bin files were writed to the according eeproms. the car still does not stort. when i put the key in ignition a message pops on the dash " immobiliser activeted" this message was on before i changed the eeprom .bin files.

2nd question ... what am i doing wrong ? changing the eeprom files along its not enough , do i need to something else ?

raceshadow
15th June, 2022, 06:32 AM
hi there. i have a 04 touareg v10 tdi . i lost the only key i had and i called about 5 mobile locksmiths , they were not able to program the new key i got from the dealer by vin #. one of the guys took the eeprom from the kessy module out in order to read the info. he resoldered the eeprom and tried (unsuccesful ) to program a new key. i took the car to one of the local dealers to get the key programed. inisial quote was $250. once i took the car in they called me and told me they need to change the steering column in order to program the key ( quote was $2500 ). i took the car back and now i am trying to do a immo off.
1st question ... is it possible to do immo off ? the car has 2 edc16u31 ecms.

what i did so far : i bought a mini prog ( xhorse), read the eeproms on the 2 ecms, uploaded the eeprom dumps in edc16 calculator and did a immo off. the new modified .bin files were writed to the according eeproms. the car still does not stort. when i put the key in ignition a message pops on the dash " immobiliser activeted" this message was on before i changed the eeprom .bin files.

2nd question ... what am i doing wrong ? changing the eeprom files along its not enough , do i need to something else ?

Does the instrument panel illuminate when you turn the ignition key? Or is the car dead? Will the steering rod unlock?

emyllyo
15th June, 2022, 07:09 PM
only the "immobiliser activeted" mess appears on the info display part of the dash, the speedometer and tachometer with all the info inside them ( check engine light, abs ,etc) stay off. steering wheel also locked

dimon9555
15th June, 2022, 08:50 PM
what am i doing wrong ?

all

It's idiotic to turn off the immo in the engine control units without having a key that turns on the ignition. Even if you turn on the ignition with the relay, somehow turn on the starter, the engine starts - you won’t go anywhere and nothing in the car will work - why do you need such a useless car ???

Lost the key - so make the key

emyllyo
17th June, 2022, 12:42 AM
i called a few locksmiths to program me a new key and they were not able to do it. the local dealer its gonna take me for a ride , an expensive one (the quoted price will be lower then the actual final price ). that's why i was trying to find out if its possible to do a immo off in my situation .
apparently from what "dimon9555 (https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/member.php/341829-dimon9555)" is saying i cant do it because my kessy unit will not recognize the key.

raceshadow
17th June, 2022, 05:34 AM
i called a few locksmiths to program me a new key and they were not able to do it. the local dealer its gonna take me for a ride , an expensive one (the quoted price will be lower then the actual final price ). that's why i was trying to find out if its possible to do a immo off in my situation .
apparently from what "dimon9555 (https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/member.php/341829-dimon9555)" is saying i cant do it because my kessy unit will not recognize the key.

Yes. It's much more complicated.