PDA

View Full Version : ipod touch

partyzone
24th February, 2010, 11:47 AM
hi
any one know how i can hack the ipod touch so I can put 3rd party applications on?
Its on latest firmware heard of few prog's ie black rain / jail break but not sure which way to go

thx
daz

tommy2426
27th February, 2010, 08:57 PM
hi
any one know how i can hack the ipod touch so I can put 3rd party applications on?
Its on latest firmware heard of few prog's ie black rain / jail break but not sure which way to go

thx
daz

i was about to put a thread re the same, from what i can gather having googled a bit, if you are on firmware 3.1.3, which i am, there is not a hack out for that version yet, just have to wait im afraid, unless another member knows better, or if even he/she could maybe give some info on where we could get some free appz/games to be getting on with for now, any info much appreciated, btw heres the link i got the info from
hxxp://blog.iphone-dev.org/

ok just found this on another site i've been a member of for a good while, has anyone tried this
This is how to downgrade/hack your ipod touch 3G v3.1.3

first go to hxtp://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/
and download firmware version "ipod touch 2G (3.1.2/7D11)" from the second dropdown box (Iphone/Ipod touch)

Make sure it's the "2G 3.1.2/7D11" And not "3G 3.1.2/7D11" as the ?G firmware does not work for some stupid reason...

save it to your desktop or summet...

First hook your Ipod to the PC And hold the home button and the power button on your ipod for 10seconds let go the power button and keep the home utton held for another 3-4 seconds

Open up itunes hold SHIFT and click RESTORE... browse to the firmware you just downloaded

Now you've downgraded to V3.1.2

Next download a version of blackra1n for v3.1.2 and run it! install only "Cydia"

Have fun And Enjoy!