PDA

View Full Version : starview pvr

jimbojimjay
22nd October, 2008, 04:21 PM
channels jumping around its like another channel is trying to get through any ideas thanks

squirreluk
26th October, 2008, 05:15 PM
hi i get this sometimes, i just switch of at the back of the box then switch back on after 10 seconds and it usually sorts it out

shady77
26th October, 2008, 06:12 PM
maybe your tuner is on the way out. i had a starview 1 that did this on and off for about 8 months. then 1 day, nothing.i dont know if you can buy tuner modules for starview and i hope this isnt the case for either of you, but it might be wise to start saving the pennies for a replacement

chonkiboy
1st November, 2008, 05:52 PM
Hi i've had a starview 1 for ages and recently got hold of a starview pvr.

I am lost with it at the momoent cos i've done all that i would usually and still no channels...

Do i have the up-to-date firmware? It is:

BoxPVR_E_v4500_06Jul.......

Can anyone help?
thanks in advance

chonkiboy
1st November, 2008, 08:10 PM
Right,

I've updated to: "BoxPVR_E_v4506_15Oct" and downloaded successfully onto box using "PVR_Loader_v3.36s_Sep_7_2005" with serial port.

Did factory reset -- selected English -- Autoscan --

it found loads of channels then i went to -- menu -- parental control -- info 2007 -- and turned on EMU

Went to check out pay chann*l and wait for update, counts up to about 15% then cancels and starts again.... Flickers on some chann*ls but cant descramble....???

What am i missing, any ideas??

Thanks in advance again

chonkiboy

xant14
13th December, 2008, 09:57 AM
Right,

I've updated to: "BoxPVR_E_v4506_15Oct" and downloaded successfully onto box using "PVR_Loader_v3.36s_Sep_7_2005" with serial port.

it found loads of channels then i went to -- menu -- parental control -- info 2007 -- and turned on EMU

Went to check out pay chann*l and wait for update, counts up to about 15% then cancels and starts again.... Flickers on some chann*ls but cant descramble....???

Thanks in advance again

chonkiboy

Change codes in Nagra manually(from keymaster), and mess about with autoupdate, (I had to turn mine on). I found tho when I left autoupdate on, and then went on a channel like PPV channel, the codes changed again. and hence wouldn't work again. I was backwards and forwards to the secret menu like an old pro, changing the keys. Once I sorted my channels, and junked all the crap, it seems to have stabled out again. But I need to keep autoupdate on, where I hear other people have said turn it off.
Rob

dell_xps
13th December, 2008, 10:58 AM
Right,

Thanks in advance again

chonkiboy

This is the old firmware that does not autoroll, hence why it wont update m8.
Hit LAST in the menu, press ok and then save, then input the codes to 00 then press ok and save, repeat for 01 press ok then save, exit back to sly sports 1, pic should come on right away, if not go back into menu repeat the steps above.
HTH
PS I'd update to the newest firmware, It aint that bad after a few tweaks, see sticky at the top.