PDA

View Full Version : image for dublin

dcadogan
5th April, 2008, 01:00 PM
What is a good image for Dublin N**.

Help Help

thommo
5th April, 2008, 01:30 PM
patience is a virtue mate. most of the guys will be watching the football so im sure once they come on you,ll get some replies.

it also helps to add what box you are using and what image you have now and the problems your having,

i know theres been problems for the irish lads over the past few days so it may be just a manual key change to get you up and running for the time being.

dcadogan
5th April, 2008, 01:34 PM
Thanks Tom, i sorted that with the keylist.txt file. just pissed of that I have clone DM500c
Also want to know if the new image will give me more channels and less flickering. My makes non clone work fine.

love your logo.

thommo
5th April, 2008, 01:39 PM
flickering, have you got a booster? most of the dreambox 500's need a booster as the tuner isnt great in them.

there is some exceptions but most will need a booster for the signal. the flickering you speak of is signal quality, up that with a booster and i think you,ll find you may solve your problem.

Devilfish
5th April, 2008, 02:28 PM
The relevant information has been passed to the right people so hopefully we'll see an updated emu out in the next few days that will allow auto update again.

Any flickering, freezing, stuttering, etc. is 99.99% of the time cause by a low or strong signal. Remove all splitters and additional boxes and connect the dreambox to the main feed. If you don't get any freezing then you know it's a signal issue. A signal booster, as thommo says, would be needed to cure it.

You can get them on ebay and argos do one for ?8.99.

The dreambox and the image work perfectly well. It's your specific cable provider that is causing your problems. The dreambox and emu work perfectly well outside Ireland. Sometimes you need a bit of patience. The hack isn't gone for good, just needs time for the guys in the know to get it revamped. In the meantime, you can update the keys manually and I will post them if they change.

smirnoff_rules
5th April, 2008, 02:52 PM
l have read that some peeps have got them up and running again just with a reflash ? why would that be ?

Devilfish
5th April, 2008, 02:54 PM
No idea m8???

Maybe the keys were valid in that image or they've reverted back to the same keyroll method as before. Maybe they were only testing new stuff...who knows!

dcadogan
5th April, 2008, 09:27 PM
Thanks but whne I plug in my makes dreambox (not a clone the signal is fine and no flickering) Mut be the clone, will a booster still help.

D

thommo
5th April, 2008, 09:50 PM
yep if its sticking flickering ect...a booter will deff help.