PDA

View Full Version : Very smokey overfueled PD engine +160s & 1856

TorqueDr
26th June, 2022, 10:41 AM
Didn't do the tune myself but with 160s thats at least 100% more fuel right ? Shouldn't the durations be reduced...
Just seen some examples of FIRAD 160 maps and the durations are up extended up to 120 but thats double not half?

The map is for standard AL injectors as im aware...
Does anyone have advice for tuning durations for +160s?

Aladinnu
26th June, 2022, 10:42 AM
Its engine stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TorqueDr
26th June, 2022, 11:38 AM
Yes engine is not forged...
- Stock Cams for now... (new lifters and high lift cam coming)
- +160 Injectors
- 1856 turbo
- Custom hard boost pipes
- EGR deleted
- Custom 3" exhaust
- Custom FMIC

Getting very mixed views on durations & IQ some people are extending to 120 some people saying durations should be cutt in half because nozzles will allow minimum 100% extra fuel...

supremeza
26th June, 2022, 12:24 PM
no ways this file makes 260hp
1.3bar boost
TL 59mg
SL 59mg
Driver wish 70mg

SOFTBBS
26th June, 2022, 12:25 PM
Good project

TorqueDr
26th June, 2022, 02:25 PM
no ways this file makes 260hp
1.3bar boost
TL 59mg
SL 59mg
Driver wish 70mg

This file made 240hp on the dyno with +80s injectors now its fitted with +160 injectors thats at least 100% extra fuel IQ and Durations are out the window so to speak...
I've been told when you upgrade injectors with +100% fuel you need to reduce the durations by 50% to get the same amount of fuel...
However I've also seen people with FIRAD 160 injectors extend durations to 120 ! thats double not half...

confused wether to double durations or half them...

Wondered if anyone would have any advice as it does say its injecting 60IQ But i promise you it is not plumes of smoke and blasted up the road like a rocket.. far tooo much fuel!!!

supremeza
26th June, 2022, 02:54 PM
reduce the duration in stages and see if the smoke subsides

TorqueDr
26th June, 2022, 03:48 PM
Will run logs and let you know power from the crank sensor tonight making a new map and reducing the drivers wish

TorqueDr
26th June, 2022, 09:19 PM
Halved the drivers wish and torque limiter... anyone think I should halve the IQ by map or anything else with IQ that I haven't thought about?
FIRAD160 is a bit overkill for this setup... 100% extra fuel as I understand it... https://www.ecuconnections.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_eek.gif

supremeza
26th June, 2022, 09:45 PM
turn down duration aswell

supremeza
26th June, 2022, 09:56 PM
use this for reference to help you pm password

TorqueDr
26th June, 2022, 10:16 PM
use this for reference to help you pm password
You say lower durations but... you have...
144 IQ duration?
108 Drivers Wish

Jeeze this is opposite way to what I was thinking...
Is it because the axis is extended but the data isnt???

morgano
27th June, 2022, 11:07 AM
Yes engine is not forged...
- Stock Cams for now... (new lifters and high lift cam coming)
- +160 Injectors
- 1856 turbo
- Custom hard boost pipes
- EGR deleted
- Custom 3" exhaust
- Custom FMIC

Getting very mixed views on durations & IQ some people are extending to 120 some people saying durations should be cutt in half because nozzles will allow minimum 100% extra fuel...

Technically for the ecu it is the same cut whole map Z values 50% or increase X axis values *2. You end up reducing injction times to more or less adjust to your new FIRAD. I would personally choose the approach of doubling X axis values, but that is my personal choice, less values to modify less chances to decalibrate something.

TorqueDr
27th June, 2022, 04:25 PM
Technically for the ecu it is the same cut whole map Z values 50% or increase X axis values *2. You end up reducing injction times to more or less adjust to your new FIRAD. I would personally choose the approach of doubling X axis values, but that is my personal choice, less values to modify less chances to decalibrate something.
Thankyou finally that makes some sense!
Not sure what to do about SOI but I'm sure I can calculate that...
Pretty rough idle shudders a bit the file is almost stock but the thing is overboosting and a unholy amount of fuel switched to the maf sensor and it is much better for now as I cannot calculate anything with these figures