PDA

View Full Version : might sound thick here

krazylegz
5th April, 2008, 05:26 PM
i might sound like a right plank here but...................is there a idiots guide to burning 360 games any where?

i've downloaded a few games in the past including gears of war and cod 3 etc,but whenever i burn them i just get the 'disc is unreadble' error.

the files i've downloaded are usually already in a .IMG file so i just used either clone cd or image burn to burn them to disc at (2.4x).

i know my 360 drive is a fussy as ~~~~ and the slightest scratch will stop it reading the discs.

my brother has usually done all my discs not using verbatims but some other ones,so i tried one of his discs on mine using the method above but no joy,so i thought maybes my matisha in my lappy is crap so i bought a pioneer 111d external and tried a game but again got the same error message.

i'm gunna get a new lasor for it anyway in a month or two but just wanna make sure i'm doing this bit right first as the same discs will work when burnt on his but not mine unless i'm doing it wrong lol

EDIT.......forgot to say i've ordered some verbies from fleabay too just wanna make sure i'm doing this bit right lol;)

smirnoff_rules
5th April, 2008, 05:50 PM
u should have to files m8 1:sio and the other a info file for imageburn or clone to read to write into double layer ?

have u got these 2 files m8

thommo
5th April, 2008, 06:27 PM
yep use imgburn and dont select the iso file instead select the .dvd file. thats the file to use and you,ll be ok. by the sounds of it your burning the iso file which will ~~~~ the disks up.

img burn

select the .dvd not iso

burn at x4 (i do)

remove and play.

biffo1
6th April, 2008, 10:10 AM
hyia fellas ive now downloaded 3 diff 360 games now after i unrar them i only have the 1 file ,the image file , and not the .dvd file , are they a bad download or can u create the .dvd file , as looking @ it now there a waste of time or r they
any help would be much appreciated
cheers biffo

krazylegz
6th April, 2008, 12:13 PM
i thought that brian cos when i extracted them all with winrar i was only left with a .iso file.

but i looked back in my downloads and above all the winrar and quickpar files there was a winzip file so i extracted it and it give me a .dvd file so look yours might be there.

just about to try it now i'll let you know if it works

biffo1
6th April, 2008, 01:31 PM
i missed the file went back & checked and there it was cheers crazylegs m8 , burning as we speak

krazylegz
6th April, 2008, 01:32 PM
when i tried that file it didnt work then i realised it was from an earlier download:(

gunna try and download another game that has a .dvd file with it to try

biffo1
6th April, 2008, 02:20 PM
i had success mate cheers

smirnoff_rules
6th April, 2008, 03:41 PM
if u copy a dvd file u can open it with note pad m8 and just change the text to the same as the iso file then save .. it will now work in the iso l always keep a copy of one to edit incase

rommy667
9th April, 2008, 12:43 AM
For 360 def imgburn and a close second is clone cd

alithegreat
9th April, 2008, 12:53 AM
imgburn is best for burning 360 games