PDA

View Full Version : hyundai coupe

radiosolutions
25th February, 2010, 11:20 PM
got a problem with indicators. right side constantly flashes erratic .the only way to stop it is to remove fuse. when indicating left this is fine. checked all obvious, like flasher, stalk, all are fine anyone come across this. thanks

Meat-Head
25th February, 2010, 11:38 PM
*confused* what fuse is it?
does it go tick-tock tick-tock or ticka-ticka-ticka

radiosolutions
25th February, 2010, 11:49 PM
the fuse to the indicator circuit, otherwise indicator will not stop and goes very erratic

speed king
26th February, 2010, 12:25 AM
If your positive the stalk is ok, it sounds like you have a wiring problem on the right side [feeds or earths].
SK

ArnautuIonut
23rd March, 2010, 11:18 PM
This is an old problem of Hyunday auto's . You have problem in BCM , a relay is broken .
This is copy paste from a forum :

**What you can do about this problem.**

(1) Go to the dealer/junkyard and buy a new BCM module. At the dealer, the price range seems to be between $750 to $1300. Buying a used BCM module from the junkyard, obviously, will be cheaper if you can find one in good condition. With a junkyard, though, it's a hit-or-miss.

When you install a BCM, you'll have to have the dealer reprogram your keyless remote/alarm to the new BCM. This service costs ~$50.00.

At my Hyundai dealer where I have a hook-up with the parts manager, I was quoted $540 flat for the BCM module. So if there is anyone who doesn't want to go through the trouble of doing the DIY but want to buy a brand-new BCM module for a good price, PM me/contact me and I'll hook you up.

(2) Do the DIY outlined below. It is a pain in the butt and it's really awkward taking out the BCM module, but it's well worth it since you save HUNDREDS of dollars.

**DIY Parts Needed**

(1) Screwdriver
(2) 10-mm socket & ratchet
(3) Pliers (optional. It will help to have a plier if you run into some stubborn connectors that won't come loose easily. I had to use the plier for one of the BCM connectors).
(4) If you decide to desolder the old relay yourself and solder in the new one, then you'll need a soldering iron and/or a desoldering iron, desoldering bulb and/or braid, and solder.

If you DON'T want to do the soldering work yourself, like me, then you can just take off the BCM module from your car and take it to a professional for the installation of the relay. In my case, I went to a local mom-and-pop TV/radio repair shop and got the relay soldered on for only $10.00 flat. During one of my price-quote hunting sprees, I got a quote from a speaker shop and they wanted $75.00!! Rip-off!!

(5) Replacement BCM turn-signal relay. You can buy one from Mouser electronics. It's only like ~$3.50. The item number is: NEC EP2-3N1ST

huwalsh
3rd July, 2013, 02:37 PM
Can confirm it is likely relay problem , might as well change both, you can if customer stuck for time cut plastic casing from top of relay and clean up contacts. Worked for me and havent seen customer since(over a year ago).