PDA

View Full Version : Writing OBD file read in BDM

calibra1
30th July, 2022, 09:27 AM
Hi guys,
Question: To avoid opening the ECU every time, on EDC17 with antituning protection that does not provide for the unlock for the serial, can I rewrite the file read in BDM from OBD?
The length is the same but the content should be different in the first area of ​​the maps.
Is it possible that the OBD writing tools only load the zone writable in serial, ignoring the zone read in the other way?

al70
30th July, 2022, 09:40 AM
i think the bdm file has to be modified slightly for obd write, i'm not sure, wait for someone else to confirm

carmageddon
30th July, 2022, 10:30 AM
Hi guys,
Question: To avoid opening the ECU every time, on EDC17 with antituning protection that does not provide for the unlock for the serial, can I rewrite the file read in BDM from OBD?
The length is the same but the content should be different in the first area of ​​the maps.
Is it possible that the OBD writing tools only load the zone writable in serial, ignoring the zone read in the other way?

1 - edc17-med17 does not have BDM mode because have infineon cpu (Boot mode)....BDM mode is ONLY for motorola and SC cpu

2 - obd readout is partial for many tools (clone) but genuine tools can do full readout from obd...then you can write flash it with BDM or Boot mode.

when you make readout from obd you can simply check the file and if is full you can use it for BDM or boot...viceversa, the full BDM or Boot mode readout is right for obd writing.

via obd the tools write only maps zone and not full flash...but is not always like this, some ecu have full read-write via obd...it depend from the ecu instructions and from tools that you use