PDA

View Full Version : Cant access some websites

Jaffa
5th April, 2008, 06:11 PM
I have been having problems all day, I cant connect to some websites I use, here and a few others are alright but some I just get "cant display this website"

Maybe its VM over here as theres a ticket on the server page about something.

Anyone else having problems ???

I cant even get to IMDB.

allycoops
5th April, 2008, 06:27 PM
No problems for me but I aint on Virgin Jim,

Jaffa
5th April, 2008, 06:32 PM
Thanks for checking shaun, I have found out its something to do with my lappy as IMDB is working on my sons pc....will check daughters lappy in a few mins to see if it is router cos sons is wired for gaming and the rest are wireless.

smirnoff_rules
5th April, 2008, 06:35 PM
l have problems now again with my lappy and have to turn the wireless off and on .. then l installed network magic and its been fine

Jaffa
5th April, 2008, 06:43 PM
Working on psp so not the router, when I got up today I had stuff downloading and for some reason the wirless switch had been turned off, I know it couldnt have been me because I set up 5 hours of downloads to get and it had gotten 4 1/2 hrs of it before it paused, dont know how it got turned off as I was last in bed and 1st up...lol

Will try switching it off.

Jaffa
5th April, 2008, 07:13 PM
Still no joy....maybe router after all, IMDB works on all lappys and wired but not some other sites, tried powering down and starting a full power up cycle but no joy.

Gotta go out now for a bit, will try again later.

smirnoff_rules
5th April, 2008, 07:17 PM
Still no joy....maybe router after all, IMDB works on all lappys and wired but not some other sites, tried powering down and starting a full power up cycle but no joy.

Gotta go out now for a bit, will try again later.

pm'ed networkmagic to u m8 its great

Jaffa
5th April, 2008, 09:02 PM
pm'ed networkmagic to u m8 its great

cheers Smirf, I will try it tomorrow, I still think its a VM problem because cant access them on any pc or lappy.

Jaffa
6th April, 2008, 12:04 AM
Everything just came back, wasnt working 15 mins ago and havent done anything so it ust have be VM problem.

thanks for your replies guys.

stevetotheo
12th April, 2008, 10:50 AM
vm has been playing with it internet servers lately i get it time to time and the same with some of my friends. you just have to wait it annoying

mighty_thorax
12th April, 2008, 05:36 PM
gotothis site http://proxeasy.com/ and then enter the site you cannot get to, and see if that works...

-mt

Jaffa
12th April, 2008, 05:39 PM
gotothis site http://proxeasy.com/ and then enter the site you cannot get to, and see if that works...

-mt

It was a VM problem m8 but thanks for offering help.

ronb62
15th April, 2008, 10:05 PM
virgin could be playing with their DNS servers. Change your DNS server addresses to opendns servers (ITs free!) and totally independent. google opendns to find out about it. The addresses for OpenDNS servers are:

Full info on how to do it depending on if you have just a pc or router are on thier site https://www.opendns.com/start.
Hope this helps.

boulton
16th April, 2008, 08:06 AM
Had the same problem but its all working fine now. Hope yours is too

daz1uk
17th April, 2008, 06:06 PM
Try disabling any firewall you have, see if it works then.