PDA

View Full Version : SERENGETTI SPAGHETTI BAGUETTI

shady77
23rd October, 2008, 05:22 PM
mix up 2 tablespoons of marmite, 1 lamb oxo cube, 1/3 tin of madras sauce, minutely chopped onion (about 1 slice) and 100ml of guiness into a paste.

get yer 'ands dirty and smother this paste all over the lamb and whack it in the oven for 90mins (vary for joint size) turning over halfway through

while thats cooking, cut the spud into small cubes (and i mean small. about 1cm cubed) and boil them for about 10 mins with some finely sliced mushrooms) empty water and leave to one side.
when lamb is finished cooking, take it out the oven and let it rest for 20 mins, scrape all the residue into a clean saucepan and stick the spuds and shrooms in there with it.
chop the lamb into strips (it fits better on the baguette) and chuck it in the pan with the spuds and mushrooms. pour the rest of the open bottle of guinness and the madras sauce in. put in on the hob to gently warm. the mixture may begin to dry out, if this happens, add more guiness
cook your spaghetti to taste,
get yer baguette, slice it open along the top, remove a fair bit of the dough so you've got a nice deep pit for your filling.
take some of the sauce and spread it on the baguette, whack your spaghetti on followed by the curry and eat! mmmmmmmmmmmmm serengetti spaghetti baguetti

cantona7
29th October, 2008, 07:39 PM
looks and sounds delicous,ive just had a nice egg sarnie but i might try this tomorrow

:five:

happylarry
30th November, 2008, 09:53 PM
I am just wondering how anyone comes up with a recipe like this, or how many attempts there were until you reached this culinary masterpiece. do you have a lot of spare time??

BobbyX
26th December, 2008, 10:07 AM
to come up with recipes like this all you need is beer, a strange bloke and a very like minded brother (or friend, i'm not racist).
sit in room with the beer.
simmer gently until beer runs dry.
watch and wait.

thered
26th December, 2008, 11:39 AM
you sound remarkably like another bloke from tamworth who is a bit of a fruit and nut

BobbyX
26th December, 2008, 11:46 AM
i'm his brother