PDA

View Full Version : Viewing subfiles from one box to another

Kelly_DK
23rd October, 2008, 05:37 PM
Hi there

I am using a DM500S to view files from the HDD on my DM7020S.
I am using the latest Gemini image and has setup a nfs server from the DM7020. From the Dm500 I have mounted the directory that I want to view the files from.

Now the problem is that the folder (hdd/movie) has subfolders, eg. movies, series and etc.
The files that has been recorded directly to the movie folder and hasn't been placed in the right subfolder is possible to view from the DM500. But when I want to view files from the subfolder I can't see any files (even though it consist several files)

What to do?

Kelly_DK

Devilfish
23rd October, 2008, 07:18 PM
On the DM500, it will only play mpeg movies (or variations of mpeg). Hence it will only display mpeg movies in the /hdd/movie folder. If you drop an avi in there, it won't even show it in the list. When you go to /hdd/movie, it's expecting to see mpeg movies, nothing else.

One thing you could try, when you clock go to /hdd then /movie, instead of pressing OK to select 'movie', press the right arrow button. Not sure if it will work but try anyway.

Failing that, change the mount from /hdd/movie to /var/mnt/movie and see if that works. Remember to create the /var/mnt/movie folder before setting the mount.

Kelly_DK
23rd October, 2008, 09:38 PM
The files that I have to view from the DM500 is just recordings made from the DM7020. It worked some time ago, but changed the image file and now I cant get it to show/view the files if it is in a subfolder...strange.

Kelly_DK