PDA

View Full Version : Digitalwordz image 2.0 with Dbox 500c

dcadogan
5th April, 2008, 09:38 PM
Cant get the new image working, I used dreamup to install it and then put in the new keys using ftp. Only seeing 3 channels but it shows the programms for all the channells. Help Please.

thommo
5th April, 2008, 09:53 PM
well if you have working keys in and the thing is on the box ok, id say go put it on sky sports 1 and them restart the emu/cam and wait five mins usually clears that way,

thats if it is the problem but from your post you have the keys in so it should clear.

have a go and report back.

dcadogan
5th April, 2008, 10:01 PM
how do you restart that emu thing..

thommo
5th April, 2008, 10:06 PM
blue button on remote if my memory serves me right will bring up the option.

dcadogan
5th April, 2008, 10:31 PM
Scanny ideas
ed in all the channels again and got some new ones, but they are all patchy and losing signal after 1o seconds (most of them) an

smirnoff_rules
5th April, 2008, 10:34 PM
doesnt sound like a keyroll problem to me .. if the channels u have clear the cams working . have u only got freeview channels ?

dcadogan
5th April, 2008, 10:39 PM
I have all the channels, sky movies but they crash out after 30 seconds of so.
I scanned them in using a broot force UK scan. do I need to use the Irish one. They all fliker after this, or doe it just take time to get stability.

thommo
5th April, 2008, 10:41 PM
sure we had this in an earlier post of yours, you need a booster mate... 8 quid argos or the like...signal issues mate.

dcadogan
5th April, 2008, 10:47 PM
My amtes box workes fine on my cable, I must be because it's a clone.

smirnoff_rules
5th April, 2008, 10:49 PM
some have crap tuners m8 its the luck of the draw ..

aftermath
6th April, 2008, 07:27 AM
Scanny ideas
ed in all the channels again and got some new ones, but they are all patchy and losing signal after 1o seconds (most of them) an

put your TV on one of the dodgy channels m8.

Press Menu

Scroll left to Information.

Stream Info, then go on to page 3. Should look like the pic below.

What snr you getting ? you should be getting around 94% or above , if your not getting anywhere near that , try a TV signal booster, then check it again.

If its still the same try a different cam.

I know Virgin have been ~~~~ing around a lot lately so might be best to leave it a few hours, can take up to 8 depending the time of day etc.

bordi
9th April, 2008, 09:51 AM
Had the same problem, I splited the signal earlier down the line, was getting big pixels all over the screen and an extremely high BER. Working fine now no crashes etc. Ps the signal booster didn't work for me, I think it boosted it too high!

idrees
9th April, 2008, 10:05 AM
i ahve the same problem but my box was working till yesterday afternoon then it just stopped what o i do???

bordi
9th April, 2008, 10:12 AM
Could someone tell me how I can download the DW 2.0 image from here please?

Do I need to do something to unlock downloads?

Cheers

mpmaho2
9th April, 2008, 02:34 PM
Guys, Help.

Just done the following:

Dowloaded the DW 2.0 image
Renamed to backup.img
Placed in tmp folder

Then followed the instructions below.

Telnet Commands

To flash an image using Telnet

This method will only work with a .img image file.
Rename the image file to backup.img
FTP the image file to the /tmp folder on the dreambox
Telnet to your box and paste the following command:
Code:
cd /tmp && eraseall /dev/mtd/3 && cp backup.img /dev/mtd/3 && reboot

My dreambox has now gone from terminally ill to deceased.

Powered up and nothing, no menu, grapic, not even a flicker. Just a very troubling black screen. I have now lost the connection to my laptop also.

Devilfish
9th April, 2008, 04:19 PM
mpmaho2 you will need to reflash it again with dreamup and a null modem cable. That's the only way back.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=33

georgio
9th April, 2008, 11:59 PM
try this, press blue button on your remote,(plugins). click on dw dream menu.. go to emu selection and press ok. press then red button on your remote to start evocamd wait for about 15 sec or so if nothing happen's press the green button mgcamd wait again and keep repeating untill signal clear's.. if nothing happens after a couple of mins your still using the old cable keys

georgio
10th April, 2008, 12:07 AM
what image are you using ?

alithegreat
10th April, 2008, 11:32 AM
hi
i just flashed my dreambox with this image but now i m not getting sky sports 1 and 3
the previous image i had used to work fine and had all these channels
but in that image i canot access the tuxbox comander to change the keys and i cant even ftp the keys as when i go to required file which is
var/keys/nagra roms/none when i click on none nothing happens

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me me i really want thes channels

theftz
10th April, 2008, 12:33 PM
Sounds if my DM500C is dead as well. Done a factory reset and deleted all the keys. Tried manually putting in the keys. Now it wont even pick up a transponder during an auto scan. Trying now to hook up the box by ethernet to my cable modem to reflash. Dont know if it will work though?

Devilfish
10th April, 2008, 04:15 PM
Flash it again using dreamup and a null modem cable. There's a guide at the top of the dreambox forum.

Take your time, don't rush it! Make sure you're doing the right thing and not skipping any steps. That applies to anything you do with the dreambox.

Trying to get it up and running ASAP will only get into more bother and you'll have to start again and again and again.

Flash the image, let it reboot, go to a premium channel, press BLUE then OK. The emu will stop and start and it will try to auto update the keys but they will be the wrong keys.

Then go in and edit the keylist.txt file with the latest keys, save and reboot.