PDA

View Full Version : tuner ok, lackypro image up, help with scanning please..

rehmankhaliq
23rd October, 2008, 06:01 PM
Hi all

recently found an old dbox2, with an image on it and tried to run a scan, but it keeps coming up with an error (in german) which I think means transponder scan failed?

here are the details:
-------------------

Nokia dbox2
2 X Intel
Flashed with Lacky-Pro image
static ip assigned to it.

here are the symptoms:
-----------------------
I can't connect to the box using a patch cable/crossover or straight - the NIC has been configured with the correct ip (one up from the box) but the icon still says "network cable is unplugged"

I can connect to it via the router, and the router will assign the ip to it

I can't seem to flash it through the router

I can ftp to the box.

I can't seem to run a scan: the scan page also shows something called DiseQc? anyone heard of this? it doesn't have the usual scan screen that i've seen with other images (hence was thinking to flash the box again - but I can't do that either)

Any ideas as to how I can get the thing to scan successfully?

I have run the tuner test, and the tuner is good, and not goosed.

any and all help would be appreciated.

thanks in advance.:bounce:

aftermath
23rd October, 2008, 06:07 PM
Strange.

I would try a reflash mate with DK 1.1

the DisecQ is an option for satellite dish setup .

Bucky
23rd October, 2008, 06:31 PM
Im assuming its a cable box, FTP to the box and copy an updated image to the box into the /tmp folder. Use the Menu option to flash the image.
press dbox, Services, Software update, expert functions, Write one partition, flash without bootloader... select image, press red

rehmankhaliq
23rd October, 2008, 07:07 PM
Im assuming its a cable box, FTP to the box and copy an updated image to the box into the /tmp folder. Use the Menu option to flash the image.
press dbox, Services, Software update, expert functions, Write one partition, flash without bootloader... select image, press red

ok, well I do have an image from a previous backup I took of a working box (or so I think) so I will try that.. thanks for the info.

as for DK1.1 is that the Don's image? or am I missing something? :fight:

the FTP is ok (and yes sorry it is a cable box :embarassed:), its just flashing which is difficult, any ideas as to why the box doesn't seem to want to connect to the laptop using the ip address? :questionmark:

If I can FTP to it, and ping it (through the router), what is stopping the laptop connecting to it (or IT connecting to the laptop) without the router in between? :idea: surely the NIC on the box can't be goosed? any other way to troubleshoot this?/test it? :star:

thanks people.

MetMan
23rd October, 2008, 07:22 PM
ok, well I do have an image from a previous backup I took of a working box (or so I think) so I will try that.. thanks for the info.

as for DK1.1 is that the Don's image? or am I missing something? :fight:

the FTP is ok (and yes sorry it is a cable box :embarassed:), its just flashing which is difficult, any ideas as to why the box doesn't seem to want to connect to the laptop using the ip address? :questionmark:

If I can FTP to it, and ping it (through the router), what is stopping the laptop connecting to it (or IT connecting to the laptop) without the router in between? :idea: surely the NIC on the box can't be goosed? any other way to troubleshoot this?/test it? :star:

thanks people.

connect thru the router get the ipaddy of ur router and pc(server)

in dbox network settings use a ip addy in your router range eg

ipaddress 192.168.1.104
default gateway = router ipaddy = 192.168.1.1 eg
and dns server = ur pc ip addy = 192.168.1.102 eg

use ftp proggy to flash new img, like flashfxp, transfer new img to dbox tmp folder and use the commands in previous post to flash....

plasterer
23rd October, 2008, 07:26 PM
If your Trying to Connect With IFA
Make sure your flow and controll
Is set to 10 and 1 Half Duplex
If not it will connect Via FTP
But not always with IFA ......Paul

rehmankhaliq
23rd October, 2008, 08:06 PM
ok, update following metman, bucky and plasterer's advice..

managed to upload the previous (otherwise working image) to the box, rebooted, box came up with bouquet as I remember it from the old image. But still getting 'wating for time' and 'channel not available'.

and wait for this - its also not pulling the FTA channels?

ran the SNR test again (red button, followed by blue button)
and now the vertical line scrolls across but the SNR min/middle/max are all 0??

am I losing it or what? lol
:thrasher: