PDA

View Full Version : ipod touch wont turn on

damo
26th February, 2010, 07:06 PM
Hi, i have an ipod touch 8gb 2nd edition and it wont turn on or do anything. I have tried charging it on my docking station and also my computer but to no avail. Cant get it to do anything. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

pl1976
26th February, 2010, 08:06 PM
Try holding the bottom round button and the button on the top for a few secs

damo
27th February, 2010, 08:04 AM
Tried that butstill nothing. I think it could be knackered but am open to suggestions as what to try before sending it to apple.

tommy2426
28th February, 2010, 01:08 AM
Tried that butstill nothing. I think it could be knackered but am open to suggestions as what to try before sending it to apple.

think u need to download itunes m8, the driver is included in the download, once downloaded to ur pc plug it in and sync, that should sort ur problem

ianmac
28th February, 2010, 01:48 AM
Hi, i have an ipod touch 8gb 2nd edition and it wont turn on or do anything. I have tried charging it on my docking station and also my computer but to no avail. Cant get it to do anything. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Do you know anyone with either another charger (preferably with a mains plug) to try yours on it..

OR

Anyone with another ipod to try their ipod on your charger.

You realy need to eliminate the basics with the charger/dock first, b4 sending anything back m8..

It won't have anything to do with "iTunes or drivers" as that is only for the sync of data (to & from) & has nothing to do with (power or charging)...

--- Ian ---

:ciao:

damo
28th February, 2010, 10:50 AM
Thanks to TOMMY 2426 for your info.
Unfortunately i dont think this will work. I already have itunes on my computer and this used to pop up once my ipod was attached via usb but now when i connect my ipod to computer it doesnt recognise that any device has been connected. Thanks again for your Comments Tommy 2426.

Further suggestions welcomed.

damo
28th February, 2010, 08:48 PM
I have also borrowed a mains charger and tried that to no avail.

hampster
24th March, 2010, 05:11 PM
Hi There Damo.

Sorry for the late response.
I hope this helps.
I had a similar problem with My ipod touch 16gb 2nd edition.

It Seems that the battery protection device or battery when it fails stops the Ipod Touch from powering up at all, if the device is out of warranty you can remove and replace the battery.

when i replaced the battery on my ipod touch and connected to itunes everthing worked fine again, so i reconnected the original battery and the ipod touch would not power up again, upon further inspection the protection device on the battery had failed.

So it would seem if the battery is not detected (protection device failure / activated) then the ipod will not power up.

i hope this is of use.