PDA

View Full Version : Help with dreambox

Digger
5th April, 2008, 09:47 PM
i live in ireland and my dreambox 500c stopped working the other day, i tried connecying it to my laptop with the dreambox control centre but i cannot login to my dreambox with root and dreambox, anyone with any help or ideas wud be greatly appreciated

Thanx
Shane

thommo
5th April, 2008, 09:57 PM
cant help with control center as ive never used it, try having a go with flash fxp with the same login/pass.

i know theres been prob and boxes going down in ireland so until theres a deff fix i would manually add the keys to the image. you need to be able to log in to do that though.

reboot the box and reboot the pc sometimes that helps but before that make sure your connection settings on the dreambox are correct and it has asigned it an ip.

in control center or fxp enter the ip of the dreambox and user/pass. should work then, seen it throw a few people that, they enter the wrong ip of the dreambox.

try it and report back.

dcadogan
5th April, 2008, 10:22 PM
For all you 500C people this is to get your box back working

Press the YELLOW button on the Dreambox remote.
Select TuxBox Commander.
Press OK on var, then press OK on keys
Press 4 on keylist.txt
Change whatever the hell is on 00 to

see link for keys, we dont host them on the site.

http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i1672377_keys3408.JPG

only 1 digit needs to be edited

Reboot your Dreambox

Digger
5th April, 2008, 10:38 PM
what shud the settings be, downloaded that flash and goin to try it now

still cant access my dreambox, cant find that tub command to enter fix's manually, wud a factory reset reset my username and password?

aftermath
6th April, 2008, 11:50 AM
Have you changed the IP address on your DM500

MENU
SETUP
EXPERT SETUP
COMMUNICATION SETUP
IP ( change to a range within your PCs IP ).

here is an example what your looking for.

Digger
6th April, 2008, 03:53 PM
yeah i have changes the ip address and it keeps telling me in dcc to check dreambox ip, i turned off my firewalls thinkin that maybe d problem

aftermath
6th April, 2008, 04:04 PM
yeah i have changes the ip address and it keeps telling me in dcc to check dreambox ip, i turned off my firewalls thinkin that maybe d problem

check your pc ip, and make the dreambox 1 above or below, uncheck the dccp box on dreambox

thommo
6th April, 2008, 04:29 PM
id try with another pc too to rule out anything on the one your using stopping it connecting. cant see it being anything other than an ip issue myself though.

Devilfish
6th April, 2008, 04:42 PM
What's your PC and dreambox IP address?

Tuxbox Commader should be in the plugins menu, yellow or blue button.

What image do you have?

Digger
6th April, 2008, 07:17 PM
my pc ip is 192.168.1.5 and my dream box is 192.168.1.8, i reset it thinkin it wud let me in so its only got factory settings on it at the moment

aftermath
6th April, 2008, 07:29 PM
Them IPs should be OK mate, did you uncheck the DHCP option on screen in dreambox settings ?

are you using a crossover cable hard wired between dreambox and pc ?

Devilfish
6th April, 2008, 07:31 PM
Remember to change the ip address in the ftpp client or DCC if you've changed the dreambox ip.

Digger
6th April, 2008, 07:50 PM
i did that but still says check dreambox ip, tried to ping it, but it wont

Digger
6th April, 2008, 07:53 PM
i have that box unchecked, i have a usb adapter goin into the null modem cable from laptop to dreambox, laptop is wireless and i can c the laptop and router in dcc but just cant lodin to db, any more suggestions as its really wreckin my head and prob yours also...

Devilfish
6th April, 2008, 08:03 PM
How is the dreambox connect? Via router or straight into laptop with a crossover ethernet cable?

If it's via cable, try disabling the wireless and see if it connects.

aftermath
6th April, 2008, 08:11 PM
what software you using to connect PC to dreambox ?

FTP software

if your using something like FlashFXP you will need to enter a login and password for it to connect

normally root and dreambox

thommo
6th April, 2008, 08:14 PM
i have that box unchecked, i have a usb adapter goin into the null modem cable from laptop to dreambox, laptop is wireless and i can c the laptop and router in dcc but just cant lodin to db, any more suggestions as its really wreckin my head and prob yours also...

as far as im aware you cant login to anything with the null, if you can ive never managed it.

in dreamup for example you just tick the lead box and dont need a login but if you do it via ethernet then you do need the login.

i think you need to start a fresh and tell us what connected to what, whether your using a router and whether the dreambox is connected via ethernet to the router or just from pc to dream via null lead.

ive read through this and im still non the wiser to what your setup is and for us to help you -you need to help us.

from what ive just read in your last post it seems your trying to login to a software with a usb to null cable adaptor and null lead. and ive never had to login to anything using the null, only time ive needed to login is over network with the ethernet.

Digger
6th April, 2008, 08:41 PM
just got a connection, i have a ethernet from wireless router to db and a null from db to laptop, now how do i get the box up and running from factory settings, plz help

Digger
6th April, 2008, 08:42 PM
i have it connected usin flash, what do i do now?????

aftermath
6th April, 2008, 08:58 PM
I was gonna start rambling on from the start using Dreamup e.t.c.

so instead, please read the stickies here (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34) m8, i am sure if you take it step by step you will find your answers.

Once you have excited the stickies, and you have still got no luck, please get back , sometimes a simple step gets missed , we have all done it m8.

you will get it sorted...

Devilfish
6th April, 2008, 09:15 PM
OK...now that you're conencted to the box, let's get it sorted.

Navigate to the /var/keys folder. Right click on the camd_cfg file and select edit.

Find this text...

# AU
# 00 is ignored (default)
# 01 enable AU
# 02 AU Auto
A: { 01 }

...and change the last line to look like this...

A: { 00 }

Save file and close it.

Depending on which area you are in, download on of these files...

http://rapidshare.com/files/105143960/N_T_L_Keylist.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/105143910/Ch0rus_Keylist.rar

Extract it and copy the keylist.txt file to the /var/keys folder on your dreambox.

Restart the emu and go to a premium channel. Hopefully it should clear.

To restart the emu, there's usually an option in the blue button menu.

:)

Digger
7th April, 2008, 06:23 PM
i reset the box by mistake the other nite so need to flash it i think, how do i do that???

Devilfish
7th April, 2008, 06:25 PM
See here for flashing an image with dreamup...

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=33

You should be able to do a factory reset and it will be as if it's just been flashed. Just remember to set your ip addresses up again. Your services and bouquets will also be lost. So if you have a backup image with all your settings, you might be better flashing that again if you can't remember how to set everything up.

Digger
7th April, 2008, 07:35 PM
i flashed it with dw 2 and i think it went ok, i changed back the ip address, i scanned and locked onto a transponder and am waiting on it to scan, the ber was a huge number, whats that mean? what do i need to do,also how do i upload more emu's?, sorry 4 been a total novice...

Devilfish
7th April, 2008, 08:00 PM
If you connect your dreambox to a router you'll be able to download them using the BLUE > ADDONS menu.

I would leave DHCP ticked in the network settings, connect the dreambox to the router with an ethernet cable (crossed or patch, doesn't matter) and reboot the box, should be sorted from there.

If you can't connect it to the router, let me know, I'll upload some.

That image comes with evocamd_2.12 which in my opinion is the best emu to use so you should be ok without installing another emu.

BER - Bit Error Rate - The amount of noise in your feed. Ideally this needs to be as low as possible, 0 in fact, but values of < 40 are ok.

Digger
7th April, 2008, 08:01 PM
an update, it scanned but only found free to air stations but i cant see any pic, it found about 2o stations and i only have evo cam 2.12, what do i need to do HELP...

Digger
7th April, 2008, 08:05 PM
its a bit of hasel to conect to the router, wud apprecaite if you cud upload for me, how can i start to c all the stations and do i need to input that new code inti the key file... thanx

Devilfish
7th April, 2008, 08:13 PM
Ok if you don't want to connect to a router, how are you connecting to the dreambox? Laptop and crossover cable?

If you can successfully ftp to the dreambox, do as I suggested in post #21 of this thread. :)

Digger
7th April, 2008, 09:47 PM
i did as u said in thread 21 and i got all the stations epg's comin in now but only have pic on the free to air stations, i went into tux command and changed the keylist but not gettin pic on the others, any ideas...

Devilfish
7th April, 2008, 09:51 PM
Go to sky sports 1, press BLUE then OK.

See if that helps.

Digger
7th April, 2008, 10:05 PM
no did that and it didnt work, whats d exact line that i shud type into my box for the three letter cable provider that i use, any otherideas why its not seein the scrambled stations..

Devilfish
7th April, 2008, 10:11 PM
Not sure I understand what you mean?

If you have the proper keylist.txt file in /var/etc then it should work ok.

Can you attach the keylist.txt file that you are using and I will check it? You will need to zip it or rar it up first.

Digger
7th April, 2008, 10:24 PM
i manually inputted the file from the link you gave me earlier

Devilfish
7th April, 2008, 10:31 PM
Are you Chorus or NTL?

Try one these files...

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=88
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=87

Digger
7th April, 2008, 10:40 PM
i'm ntl, do i only put in the numbers or do i have to put in the other stuff as well like rom 7 au key etc, sorry sorry sorry...

Digger
7th April, 2008, 11:03 PM
got it working all good thanx for your patience and effort, really appreciated it...

Devilfish
7th April, 2008, 11:45 PM
Wey hey....nice one!

Glad we were able to help you out Digger! :)

You could have just copied the file and overwritten the one that was there.

jedimike
22nd January, 2009, 04:55 PM
you might try reflashing through a null modem cable using dreamup i had some problems using ethernet so used that it's a hell of a lot easier