PDA

View Full Version : Complete tuning/rempa begginer looking for some basic help :)

Petar92
28th August, 2022, 08:05 PM
Hello!
I know for most of you this is too basic stuff, but please have some understanding and patience, im here just to understand and learn. :D

I have managed to get the WinOls 4.51 from this lovely forum, and bought myself an "Ecubench help " tool in order to read out my ECu - bosch mg1cs111 - Audi tt 40 tfsi 2020. did the read nicely today.

Having two issues. First, as I understood, I need "damos" file for this specific ecu in order for winols to automatically name parts of the map, so I can see what is what? is there a place to get damos free or do I just need to pay ?
On start of winols it says there is no checksumm plugin. for the love of it I cant understand what checksumm is and do I need that plugin/ where to wind it?

Please try to explain as simple as possible, I do understand a bit about cars/pcs, but its hard when you're completely new to smth.

Best regards!!

shendlaw
28th August, 2022, 08:14 PM
Hello!
I know for most of you this is too basic stuff, but please have some understanding and patience, im here just to understand and learn. :D

I have managed to get the WinOls 4.51 from this lovely forum, and bought myself an "Ecubench help " tool in order to read out my ECu - bosch mg1cs111 - Audi tt 40 tfsi 2020. did the read nicely today.

Having two issues. First, as I understood, I need "damos" file for this specific ecu in order for winols to automatically name parts of the map, so I can see what is what? is there a place to get damos free or do I just need to pay ?
On start of winols it says there is no checksumm plugin. for the love of it I cant understand what checksumm is and do I need that plugin/ where to wind it?

Please try to explain as simple as possible, I do understand a bit about cars/pcs, but its hard when you're completely new to smth.

Best regards!!
fast and simple for you, md1cs111 mappack/damos/a2l or whatever not for free, you can find it around by paying in the web, or you can search a complete pack for 300/400€ with lot of damos/mappack/a2l in english and done for tune where you can find most of ecus like edc15,edc16,edc17,md1,mg1 etc, all damos you find for free will be in deustch or will be messy or even without tuning maps. about checksum i think your ecubecnh tool will calculate the cks for you without problem, most of tools do it in auto, your tool is a amt bst clone so will do it for you, for the plugins you have the same story as i said before...

mprog
28th August, 2022, 08:55 PM
And sometimes good to know how car engine works :D thats small tip from me :)

BR and have fun with learn :)