PDA

View Full Version : Peugeot 406 V6 1997 Non-starter

Carsten S
28th February, 2010, 10:00 AM
Hi,
The car can start and run sometimes. Suddenly the engine stalls for a second.
In the code-keypad, both the red and green light are on. And now it is a non-starter.

Is it a bad cable-connection somewhere in the engine-room?

Hope it makes sense, english ins't my native language :rolleyes:

obdmaster
28th February, 2010, 10:38 AM
your best bet m8, is to input code on keypad,when you get keypad green led lit unplug keypad and you will never need to use keypad again m8

This depends if you can get green led lit m8

Carsten S
28th February, 2010, 10:40 AM
Thanks for your fast reply.

I'll try to enter the code again. What is the reason, for this to happen?
I know Xantia's have a connector in the engine-room under the LHM-can, that can cause this problem.

obdmaster
28th February, 2010, 12:02 PM
I have no idea m8, could be anything, this system is a rubbish system m8

easytech
28th February, 2010, 07:19 PM
When the red and green light lit together then there is a 12v signal missing.
Removing the keypad wil not help if this is the matter, look for bad connections near de battery
or bad ground wires on the gearbox. I had this problem several times with 806 etc.

giedrius
28th February, 2010, 07:28 PM
Disconect battery for few minutes and check broken wires near the keypad

Carsten S
28th February, 2010, 07:55 PM
I have checked for broken wires near the keypad - No luck :(

Which pins in the keypad should have +12V supply? I'll check ground connections etc.
I did find one fuse, that turns the keypad off, when it is re-inserted, it starts allover. Are there more than one fuse, that makes the supply?

the_big_d
28th February, 2010, 08:07 PM
You will probably find that the 12v feed/ earth is missing from the injection ECU or double realy not the keypad.
Both red & green lights on mean there is no comunication between the keypad & the injection ECU, usually caused by either the main earths on the gearbox or a faulty double relay. After checking & cleaning main earths check that the injection ECU has all its feeds & earths, check the feeds in & out of the double relay.

dik
1st March, 2010, 06:56 PM
your best bet m8, is to input code on keypad,when you get keypad green led lit unplug keypad and you will never need to use keypad again m8
That tip came in handy today m8, had one with broken wires at the key pad, got it to work and disconnected it :wink: Thanks for that one m8 have some rep!