PDA

View Full Version : Pico Scope

bonecrusher
28th February, 2010, 10:56 AM
Hello.
I am interested in the pico scope.Where is the best place to buy it in the UK and at a good price.Is this a recommended scope to use.

BeianM
28th February, 2010, 11:05 AM
I looked at picoscope some time ago but never bought it. It does look like a good tool though. It is basically a sound card! but it is analising the volts it is given instead of turning them into sound. There are chinese alternatives on ebay you may consider. At least you can get support from pico, their website has some good info on it in the way of graphs. I did buy a Vellerman hand held 'personal scope' from Maplin. It is not brilliant but does the job, as they say.

racin-snake
28th February, 2010, 11:22 AM
i wish i could use my pico to its full advantage
great tool but setup is quite time consuming
i also have a kal 2 chanel handheld
i use it more often than not plus its a graphing dmm too
but pico is undoutably the best
you can buy from derek at ilexa ..great backup and forum
also autogeeks but derek is easy to deal with

florinyes
28th February, 2010, 11:47 AM

DITO here...I love my Pico but still need to lear how to use it to it's full potential..

Ta

cars
28th February, 2010, 03:06 PM
Pico Scope is a great tool, not just a sound card is a product designed for automotive and not just a simple oscilloscope. Pico is a product used in the U.S.A. and a lot full of gadgets to make it a motortester.
I think the best is the oscilloscope-motortester existing Bosch FSA 720 is matched with every PC or laptop, in addition to superior technical features is built by Bosch brand of high quality building motortester for many years.
You must select a qualified vendor who can assist you in using the tool (not the one it sells at less), because an oscilloscope and a very useful tool if you know how to use otherwise useless, in fact you can damage the diagnosis.

BOSCH FSA :http://www.boschautoparts.co.uk/pdf/FSA720%20FSA740.pdf

PICO: PicoScope PC Oscilloscope and Data Acquisition Products from Pico Technology (http://www.picotech.com/)

jnoroeste
2nd March, 2010, 12:21 AM

+1
I also that is the best with his powerfull sofware, from last update it can works easy with can frames!

Dunker
2nd March, 2010, 03:06 AM
I've had a Pico for years (I got it direct from Pico). Fantastic piece of kit. Support is excellent. Well worth the money.