PDA

View Full Version : dm7020si problem (box unuseable?)

piopat
1st March, 2010, 03:47 PM
hi guys i just tried to get my dm7020 up and running , i have other dreamboxes in the house working fine so i am no stranger to flashing boxes . i wanted to check if the 7020 had an image on it as the others had come pre flashed (even tho i changed their image) there was nothing on the tv screen but the little lcd display was prompting me to choose pal . it wasnt working and so i fiddled with the scart etc and gp briefly came on the tv screen for a few seconds (gemini project) so i tried to reflash using dreamup and nabilosat darkstar11 image . i never got the usuall flash erase option before flashing the box , all seemed well untill the message appeared on dreamup (flash failed box is unuseable) so is the box for the bin . its brand new i never used it and it came with gemini on it (would the guys in china have put on a gemini image with a time bomb) i never asked for an image to be put on it . can any one help or have i just thrown my money away as it would be hard to get my money back or a relacement from china ,even so they could say its my fault i changed the image .any help guys id be greatfull.

porter1
2nd March, 2010, 09:45 PM
you flash a image by holding the power button in on boot and put the ip in ye browser and flash from there

piopat
2nd March, 2010, 10:09 PM
the ip wont work either ,i switched it off and held the bottom buton for a few a few seconds to get the ip .i tried to get in to the box via dream control center but when i put in the ip login failed. thanks for the reply any way. the box is faulty (its brand new and never worked )so its going back for a replacement. thanks again.

porter1
2nd March, 2010, 10:16 PM
i messewd mine up with a 500 image ,took me ages to gain access ,ended up using a old version of dream up,mine was playing space invaders
version.1.3.2.0 got it going

piopat
2nd March, 2010, 10:24 PM
mine is just stuck ,it shows the gemini logo for a few seconds then goes blank .it came that way so i i quess ill send it back. its a pain in the kneck but has to be done.

porter1
2nd March, 2010, 10:25 PM
allright m8,suprised ye didnt go hd