PDA

View Full Version : Fiat Punto Convertible Help

Street Hawk
2nd March, 2010, 10:14 AM
Anyone know where i can download the full service manual for a Fiat punto R reg. 1.6L Cabrio?

The heating is only coming out warm, & not hot even after the car has warmed up. so im guessing that the thermostat needs replacing? i simpley dont know, & am a novice when it comes to cars, so ideally a service or parts manual would come in handy if it is the thermostat that would cause that.

2). anyone know how i can get a replacement car key for my Punto? i have the key fob that does the central locking, however this has never worked since i baught the car. due to the fact that the signal is not being sent from the key fob its self. So i cant re-programe the key back to the car as the owners manual says you can. also i do not have the programming code card that comes with the car (if there was one) i dont know on Fiats never had one till now... the code card simpley aint with the rest of the paper work i have got with the car when i baught it and only have the 1 key. yes its a oldish car, but if there's a will there is a way to fix it ill do it as long as it dont cost the earth! i have been Quoted ?400+ to replace the key :ahhhhh: . and no Guarantee that it will actually program to the car once i got the replacement key :hmmmm: so any idea's on this apart from the obvious (goto the dealers, to which i already have done, but they are the most expensive). would be a GREAT help guys :top:

Last but not Least..

why are convertible hoods so expensive? :dontknow:
I need to get mine replaced, as soon as really.. i have managed to find a guy on ebay who is selling the hood covers for ?210 which is the cheapest i have seen, but knowing nothing about convertibles, i will need to get it fitted, which i have been quoted ?1000 to fit it, ( i laughed at the geezer & hung the F*** up) and 2. Quoted ?150 fitted, can anyone beat ?150 fitting? or even the supply & fit of a replacement hood for the Punto, by all means let me know, it would be a great help :devil:

Cheers, Street.