PDA

View Full Version : Ford Focus mk3 1.6 TDCI - Strategy BV61-12A650-NP / Problem with EGR

technikibart
7th October, 2022, 05:19 PM
I would like to know the methods of modification of VBF files for strategy - FORD. Preliminarily would like to disable the EGR because after replacing part of the EGR with another, this problem still persists (adaptation does not help). The so-called EGR passes more exhaust gas to the manifold (Error is in the range of 20%) causes a weaker response of the turbocharger.

What tool can I use to edit VBF files that will allow EGR OFF and map modifications?

In general, I would like to learn the basics but it would be appreciated if someone would tentatively help me EGR OFF. In time to get oriented in the field of chip tuning.

Ford Focus mk3 1.6 TDCI engine: T3DB.
Changed the factory power from 95PS to 115PS.
Model: Ford Focus
Engine: Duratorq Turbo Diesel Common Rail Injection
Capacity: 1.6L
Year: 2011
Generation: 11.25MY

PCM - Power Train Chain Control Module.
Part No .: BV61-12A650-SF
Calibration level: BV61-12A650-NP
Strategy: BV61-14C204-NP
Hardware type: SID-807

Kind regard
Krzysztof

bobolin4o
8th October, 2022, 11:05 AM
Don't understand well what exactly you've done...
Replaced PART of the EGR, or brand new one?
And you've flashed your 95 ps engine with 115 ps software?

About vbf to bin and vise versa (including checksum correction) - genuine WinOls with paid plugins, which i have...
Regards!

technikibart
8th October, 2022, 03:16 PM
Hi

I flashed the engine from 95PS to 115PS.
It seems to me that the problem was already before the above operation.
I swapped 2 (different) EGRs from 2014r models for testing and the problem was the same with EGR control.
I spent several hours verifying all the pids but for the rest of the sensors everything was normal.

I also wanted to test the latest software BV61-14C204-DGB --> 2014 but I think it may not work properly due to the fact that there were a bit of changes.
Apparently the SBL - bootloader is already different to load the firmware.

Informative:
The story is that FORD in the 2011 calibration , there was a problem with the lambda probe which was not working correctly, in the 2013 firmware it is said to be disabled. In addition, from observation is FF3 1.6tdci from the beginning of production very often have injector errors, and those from mid 2013 have no problems (DGA, DGB). In my case, the injector error does not occur.

Kind regards
Krzysztof