PDA

View Full Version : 2FD7 Fault in Mini with crank-no-start condition

madsci69
7th October, 2022, 11:29 PM
Good evening, friends.

I have an unusual condition on a mini cooper that I was called out to make a key for.

The owner had taken it to have the transmission repaired. They drove the vehicle back, and used it for several days.

After a few days, the vehicle had stopped working. It would crank over, but not start. So they called my coworker out to make a key. We made a key, and it had the same effect, it would crank but not start. Sometimes though, the vehicle dash would light, but there would be no crank condition.

The customer also contacted the dealership. The dealership was able to provide a key, and it has the same results. Door locks work fine, ignition seems to accept the key, and the vehicle cranks, but no start. But same as the key we made, there were times where it wouldn't even crank over.

I went back out to check the vehicle, and attempted to resync cas and DME to no avail. Attempted to clear codes, resync modules again. Then i checked the codes since they were returning. There were several codes, and a few I thought would be significant.

2FD7 EWS Anti tampering
A3B2 Kombi module not receiving signal from CAS
E194 No clamp status via CAN
A3A9
c194

I read the CAS3+ module on the bench and the ECU, and the ISN match. I've attached the files. But I'm not sure if the CAS module is possibly faulty? I have also read it could be the power to the CAS module via a bad fuse, but I was able to read and program the keys via OBD, so I would imagine the module is getting power?

As an aside, I did find a function on the IM608 for a cas module renew, but it requires the EGS ISN. I am not with the vehicle, it is a couple hours away, but that value should be in the CAS dump already?
e594

kiszka
7th October, 2022, 11:51 PM
Good evening, friends.

I have an unusual condition on a mini cooper that I was called out to make a key for.

The owner had taken it to have the transmission repaired. They drove the vehicle back, and used it for several days.

After a few days, the vehicle had stopped working. It would crank over, but not start. So they called my coworker out to make a key. We made a key, and it had the same effect, it would crank but not start. Sometimes though, the vehicle dash would light, but there would be no crank condition.

The customer also contacted the dealership. The dealership was able to provide a key, and it has the same results. Door locks work fine, ignition seems to accept the key, and the vehicle cranks, but no start. But same as the key we made, there were times where it wouldn't even crank over.

I went back out to check the vehicle, and attempted to resync cas and DME to no avail. Attempted to clear codes, resync modules again. Then i checked the codes since they were returning. There were several codes, and a few I thought would be significant.

2FD7 EWS Anti tampering
A3B2 Kombi module not receiving signal from CAS
E194 No clamp status via CAN
A3A9
c194

I read the CAS3+ module on the bench and the ECU, and the ISN match. I've attached the files. But I'm not sure if the CAS module is possibly faulty? I have also read it could be the power to the CAS module via a bad fuse, but I was able to read and program the keys via OBD, so I would imagine the module is getting power?

As an aside, I did find a function on the IM608 for a cas module renew, but it requires the EGS ISN. I am not with the vehicle, it is a couple hours away, but that value should be in the CAS dump already?
e594
I can be wrong but ISN EGS is 0000
ISN 16bit is ok in ECU and CAS is identcal

madsci69
7th October, 2022, 11:54 PM
Sorry I inserted a line where the faults were, I wasn’t meaning to say the egs isn is e594. But would the egs isn being 0000 be correct? Or should I say, is that normal?

kiszka
8th October, 2022, 12:01 AM
Przepraszam, że dodałem linię w miejscu błędów, nie chciałem powiedzieć, że eg to e594. Ale czy liczba egz w postaci 0000 byłaby poprawna? A może powinienem powiedzieć, czy to normalne?
if there was an ISN E594 then 0000 causes the box ISN error
check the fifth key there is something wrong with it

madsci69
10th October, 2022, 12:46 AM
So the 0000 for egs isn is wrong? Did the module not get coded correctly when they change the transmission? But it allegedly did drive after the transmission change.

If there is a problem with the fifth key I can erase and reprogram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kiszka
10th October, 2022, 01:16 AM
So the 0000 for egs isn is wrong? Did the module not get coded correctly when they change the transmission? But it allegedly did drive after the transmission change.

If there is a problem with the fifth key I can erase and reprogram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think that's a key problem
But when you renew the key, you'll be sure
If you have no problem
To do it
And unlock it in CAS