PDA

View Full Version : Frontera 2.0 1995 im*o off help..

Digital Auto's
2nd March, 2010, 02:37 PM
Hi all, Car is Fronter A, 1995, X20SE with Motronic 1.5.4., I need to do a immo off, anyone know what chip to expect and have a valid dump file. is this just a case or re-writing the eeprom or do wires have to be cut etc. Any info appreciated. This is for a old fella and last option before car becomes coke cans. thanks in advance....

Kanaan
2nd March, 2010, 03:39 PM
help me to help you !
can you send a picture for it and post the dumps .
thanks

Digital Auto's
2nd March, 2010, 04:00 PM
Kaanan, thats part of the problem. The cars 20 miles away. Just wanted to get everything I need ready before I get there. Thanks...

Meat-Head
2nd March, 2010, 07:19 PM
do a search for this user adam28 posted a link to some shitty hotfile that worked.

something like 'frontera immo off' the thread was called.

use the search button.

Meat-Head
2nd March, 2010, 07:34 PM
soory admin too lasy to press edit

here dude http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f115/frontera-2-0-i-immo-off-help-75386/#post383076 remember to love him long time

Too lasy to check if the same ecu sorry

adam28
2nd March, 2010, 09:43 PM
Here mate
24C02 BOSCH

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1M88OI1S)

Meat-Head
2nd March, 2010, 10:48 PM
Here mate
24C02 BOSCH

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1M88OI1S)

I was talking about you, not to you, who rattlled your cage?

Digital Auto's
3rd March, 2010, 02:57 PM
Thanks, do any wires need to be cut ie immo line or is it just a eeprom write?

Meat-Head
3rd March, 2010, 03:54 PM
Thanks, do any wires need to be cut ie immo line or is it just a eeprom write?

think you do, the imobox is BEHIND the dashboard on rhd model, if you
undo "6" m6 bolts dash is out, or if you get a core drill and place it to the left of speedo drilling a 6 inch hole should get it, or you can cut
*THINK ONLY* pin 27?

Digital Auto's
3rd March, 2010, 04:11 PM
Appologies for being a noob, but I thought I was writing the engine ecu eprom (Motronic). Is this not right.

Meat-Head
3rd March, 2010, 09:04 PM
Appologies for being a noob, but I thought I was writing the engine ecu eprom (Motronic). Is this not right.

Yeh ENGINE ECU is wher adam28's file neededs t be 'fitted'

I'm too lasy to check if his file is the one your after.

Digital Auto's
3rd March, 2010, 09:17 PM
I've just ordered UPA-USB, do you know if it will do read/write without desoldering the chip? Thanks

Meat-Head
3rd March, 2010, 11:34 PM
I've just ordered UPA-USB, do you know if it will do read/write without desoldering the chip? Thanks

OOH i'm now (nearly) in the same boat as you now, the word on the street is that 75% of eeproms need to be unsoldered to read/write

There is good chance of corrupting an eeprom if read in circuit.

The word (from DK of course) is you an short out the crystal on the board
normally "X-TAL" and this stops the prosesser from starting and 'hogging' the eeprom.

Also your programmer is then powering that circuit, so if you are reprogramming your christmas tree, then you might be trying to power the lights as well.

Where from and how much is your usb-upa from etc.

If any body has any idea if the usb-upa is idiot proof, ie if you put the chip upside down and back to font, will it kill it or will it shout?

Digital Auto's
4th March, 2010, 09:39 AM
Hi, the programmer is from erlasoft, cost ?150. http://www.elrasoft.com/uusp.htm. I thought this would be best for a newbie.

You recommend removing the chip then. Do you know if the im*o line has to be cut? Thanks

Digital Auto's
5th March, 2010, 04:54 PM
I've opened the ecu on this can't seem to find the 24C02. I've attatched some pics. I'm assuming this is Motronic 1.5.4 from autodata. Can anyone confirm where the security eprom is. Theres a 8-pin SOIC, top left corner, the only writing on it is B58253, 1/SN. All chips on this board sem to have a B...... number so not sure thats right. Any help appreciated.....

Forgot to say, reason for this is 'swipe type immo' red light permently on, yellow immo light flashing...

Digital Auto's
6th March, 2010, 12:29 PM
Anyone know this....

Meat-Head
6th March, 2010, 12:37 PM
ah sorry was going to look at data sheet for the 2 chips and compare, but ended up looking at ~~~~.

just type the numbers of the chips in google with the word datasheet and see what you come up with, can't stop, places to go, people to upset.

Digital Auto's
6th March, 2010, 01:24 PM
That was the first thing i tried! The 8 pin SOIC in pic has no meaningful numbers on it (Microchip) how are you meant to i.d it? Is that normal to hide the eprom i.d. Don't want to damage the chip...