PDA

View Full Version : netgear

mcmasterg
6th April, 2008, 11:05 PM
Hi every time i turn my mates pc on we go through a bit of a nightmare with the router it shows on the start bar as being conected but you have to go in to prefrence and de selected and re selected allow windows to config setting and then the router clicks in any one have any ideas also since the router was in stalled when you shut down the system you dont get the 3 box option (log off shutdown restart) it is the old big box with the drop down can you change it back ,

thanks in advance

Jaffa
6th April, 2008, 11:47 PM
Hi every time i turn my mates pc on we go through a bit of a nightmare with the router it shows on the start bar as being conected but you have to go in to prefrence and de selected and re selected allow windows to config setting and then the router clicks in any one have any ideas also since the router was in stalled when you shut down the system you dont get the 3 box option (log off shutdown restart) it is the old big box with the drop down can you change it back ,

thanks in advance

Yes I know that problem...its the netgear software clashing with Windows. What you need to do is uninstall the netgear software, unfortunately sometimes that unistalls the drivers but thats easy fixed. How are you connecting to router, Ethernet, usb or wireless ???

Once it is unistalled restart you computer and if it is old windows logon still then go to control panel and user setting and change the way you log on option.

biffo1
7th April, 2008, 12:34 AM
uninstall like jaffa says mate , and renstall the driver , by going to device manager and manually browse to the cd with the driver on only , when then when u set the config up again choose let windows to config ur network not the netgear software , any more help mate let me know
all the best biffo

jaba101
19th April, 2008, 09:58 PM
You can just restart the Windows Zero service?