PDA

View Full Version : First impressions

vrlika
24th October, 2008, 10:33 PM
Hi all I am new to this forum and would like to ask a Q to those that got starview 4 usb how they are getting on with it and has it got a sensitive tuner ?
I have preordered mine so am still waiting .
cheers:pepsi:

portbhoy
24th October, 2008, 10:38 PM
Yep got one and it's working fine (only got it cos it was free :) ) Tuner is quite sensitive it's working well at the end of a very split feed. Very stable with no dramas so far, one thing to remember though well 2 things when you get it format your USB stick using the box and never take the stick out whilst the box power is on. Always power off first :s:

satsmo
25th October, 2008, 01:26 AM
They gave out a few free ones, fair play I say, certainly pays off for some button pushing http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/8399/thumbsup4kk.gif

Still waiting on the timer patch.

clockwork
25th October, 2008, 05:26 AM
I`m new to this myself but have managed to set it up and its working great but one thing I noticed was if it didn't complete tuning 100% first time round I just repeated the scan and it did the 100% and saved just fine second time round...unless i`m doing something wrong :hmmmm:

vrlika
6th November, 2008, 06:21 PM
just to say this box is brill took 2 mins to set up and getting no problems with v1.01 firmware. channel hoping is fine all in all its worth the money.

satsmo
6th November, 2008, 09:23 PM
Good man you finally received it. What made you choose 1.01 above 1.02? Although to be honest they are almost the same. 1.01 has problems scanning in parts of Ireland though.

vrlika
6th November, 2008, 10:44 PM
I was reading various threads and noticed 1.02 was causing scanning problems etc. and when they reflashed it with 1.01 they were fine so I decided to go for 1.01.
Will report any probs in the future if I come across any.
cheers satsmno for support.