PDA

View Full Version : Optimal soi/eoi 1.9 pd

dannyanto9292
19th October, 2022, 12:50 PM
I've seen many differing opinions on soi and eoi in regards to the 1.9 PD engine, some people will say don't exceed 10eoi others say your fine up to 15eoi and I've seen file's in the past with over 20eoi, the same thing with soi some will say don't exceed the limiter but I've seen files with 30 soi.

I've always played it safe with soi and eoi but I've a car here at the min with a 2260 vklr running standard 550cc injectors and I'm trying to squeeze as much power as possible out of it, if anyone has ever tested this on a dyno can you please share your results of which soi + eoi produced the best power, also any experienced opinions on what eoi/soi works best on the PD engine for optimal power are more than welcome.

dannyanto9292
20th October, 2022, 10:25 AM
68 views and nothing, where is everyone :)

danypk
20th October, 2022, 11:50 AM
I've seen many differing opinions on soi and eoi in regards to the 1.9 PD engine, some people will say don't exceed 10eoi others say your fine up to 15eoi and I've seen file's in the past with over 20eoi, the same thing with soi some will say don't exceed the limiter but I've seen files with 30 soi.

I've always played it safe with soi and eoi but I've a car here at the min with a 2260 vklr running standard 550cc injectors and I'm trying to squeeze as much power as possible out of it, if anyone has ever tested this on a dyno can you please share your results of which soi + eoi produced the best power, also any experienced opinions on what eoi/soi works best on the PD engine for optimal power are more than welcome.

Hello mate, in my opinion don t go past 30soi or you ll face headlift and keep duration close to 40. If you want to push to 45 duration stay away from top speed runs because you ll get big egt numbers. It is very important how car behaves when adding duration, if you add duration and get no jump in power but smoke don t push it further. For AL injectors and 2260 play there on 10-15eoi, and stay away from top speed runs.

BR

alonedark
20th October, 2022, 06:02 PM
a lot of theory and a little practice