PDA

View Full Version : Sagem Freesat HD recorder

caveman_nige
3rd March, 2010, 11:05 AM
Need to buy a freesat HD recorder, its not for me its for my mum, she will never use it to record but that not my problem.. I understand that she will now need to buy a standalone Freesat HD receiver that records in order to acheive this.. She already has a Panasonic 40" TV with built in Freesat HD and now has decided she wants to record because her friend does with hers... I have had a quick look and seen this Sagem jobby, does anybody use it or recommend another reasonably priced product that has that spec and has BBC iPlayer (I know iPlayer is coming to Freesat in 2010 so this gimmick may be short lived on the box)

Play.com (UK) : Sagem DTR94500S HD Freesat HD Digital TV Recorder : Electronics - Free Delivery (http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/12538190/Sagem-DTR94500S-HD-Freesat-HD-Digital-TV-Recorder/Product.html)

wongers
3rd March, 2010, 08:11 PM
i've got a humax foxsat hdr it's pretty easy to use can record single programmes ,whole series etc also has high def . although i dont think it has bbci player but was voted best in its class for these sort of boxes have a look at the reviews for it normally retails for ?250

scotty_dotty
4th March, 2010, 09:14 AM
Usually recommend the afore mentioned foxsat to customers and it's also the best looking kit I've seen.
She can also use it as a music juke box by transfering music via the USB if she likes to party hard

dogsdinner
20th March, 2010, 10:52 PM
i've got a humax foxsat hdr it's pretty easy to use can record single programmes ,whole series etc also has high def . although i dont think it has bbci player but was voted best in its class for these sort of boxes have a look at the reviews for it normally retails for ?250have heard a lot of positive feedback on that box for its easy to use interface,although it is a bit on the dear side

caveman_nige
22nd March, 2010, 05:23 PM
cheers lads. will have a look into that Foxsat box as well... I guess the BBC Iplayer thing is not the clincher she once thought seeing as the service will be available on Freesat itself at some point this summer, or will she need a box that supports that service anyway in order to use it..?

wongers
29th March, 2010, 06:45 PM
you can get bbc i player on the foxsat box now mate

edward hitler
3rd April, 2010, 10:10 PM
You might want to take a look at the Technisat HDFS, as she already has freesat HD in the TV. It only has one tuner, but at about half the price of the foxsat HDR, it's another option for recording freesat.