View Full Version : NEED CHECKSUM CORRECTION PLEASE

xNightwolfx
26th October, 2022, 05:15 AM
Read this file from mk2 ford focus 1.6 via kess V2

got a checksum error at the end

can someone please help

bmw3456
1st November, 2022, 05:02 PM
have you modified this map when using a clone it will say checksum error either way just if you have modified it make sure to manually do it if needed i can do it for you

xNightwolfx
22nd November, 2022, 06:22 AM
i have not modified the map, the ford focus has a Z6T9 ECU and can only be read by kess v2 as a mazda 3 bk 1.6 16v with Z601 ecu, think thats why i get Checksum error, i got new ecu and tried to read but ssame problem when saving the file i get checksum,i still get 100% read, this is the file off the new ECU installed

yamomoto
22nd November, 2022, 10:27 AM
Hi.
Your vehicle is automatic or manual ?
Mazda 3 1.6 Z601 with manual transmission, dump 512 Kb.
If with automatic transmission , for example , Mazda 3 1.6 Z602 (ZY28EC000) Japan, then dump 1 Mb.

BR.

xNightwolfx
22nd November, 2022, 10:44 AM
it is a ford focus 1.6 16v manual file size is 512kb but can only read as mazda 3 with kess v2 it does not have the protocol for that ecu under the ford focus protocols,so i read under mazda 3 bk Z601

if i load a mazda 3 map onto the focus ecu the car still runs

basically i need the stock file for a 2006 ford focus 1.6 16v (Gasoline/Petrol) manuel trans,but the ecu in the car is a denso Z6T9 ecu, and there are only a few fords with that ecu

kess v2 does not have a protocol for a denso ecu in a ford focus

yamomoto
22nd November, 2022, 10:50 AM
Yes, I looked at your dump, a car with a manual transmission 512 Kb.
Mazda 3 1.6 Z601 MT 2004 I read it differently, but Mazda 3 1.6 Z627 MT 2005 I read it identically to your dump.
Hm-m-m-m...

Added.
No, I found Z601 read the same way as your dump.
I don't understand anything yet... :(

xNightwolfx
22nd November, 2022, 11:00 AM
So can checksum on that ford file be corrected with a mazda file

i have org file of mazda 3 1.6 16v aswell it is working

but i need the ford file to remap and write otherwise the check engine light come on and tps not working

basically the mazda file works on the ford if i upload it
but it has check engine light and throttle position sensor does not work

the ford file is the original,that is in the car now working 100%

but in order to remap the ford file i need the checksum corrected on the ford file

if there is some way to use the mazda checksum and put it in the ford file, then maybe it can work

yamomoto
23rd November, 2022, 10:22 AM
Kess does forcibly not calculate checksum?
I have not worked with this equipment for a long time.

If you write down dump Mazda in ECU, then write dump Ford in ECU and read it, are they different or not?
There is a difference in bootloader dumps of Mazda and Ford.
Maybe Kess does not rewrite a bootloader or not completely?

xNightwolfx
23rd November, 2022, 10:49 AM
both files are the same size the ecu accept the mazda file for writing with no checksum error and the car runs fine but it has check engine light for throttle position sensor,
because the mazda file has the sensor on the pedal and the ford does not have a sensor on the pedal it is on the throttle body so check engine light is on and the automatic choke does not ork wwith mazda file,there must be a way to succesfully read this type of ecu i just dont have the pinout for it, and neither does ktag i am clueless on how ro read this ecu without checksum error,
maybe if someone can just copy the mazda file checksums onto the ford file it will write
i read thru obd port

xNightwolfx
27th November, 2022, 01:31 PM
bmw3456 so will you help me do the checksum manually, dont have any programs or know how with checksums plz plz