PDA

View Full Version : mercedes c220

shortbreaks1
3rd March, 2010, 11:57 AM
02 plate c220 cdi diesel auto. suffering loss of power woulndnt rev above 3000 revs. diagnostic says mass air flow fault p0100 bank 2/5 signal voltage to low. would this mean mass air flow is faulty. thanks

mercis
3rd March, 2010, 03:30 PM
mess manual turbopressure,bevore change airflow messer

carsolution
4th March, 2010, 01:59 AM
Mercis is right, try to mess turbo first.
I aready had problems like that in my workshop and the fault was different in all the cases.
Turbo, air pressure sensor and mass air flow meter.
If you need to change it buy it in Mercedes because it is not very expensive and here in Portugal I tried another one that the seller told me it is equal to Mercedes and it didnt work.

treo
4th March, 2010, 06:43 AM
Mercis is right, try to mess turbo first.
I aready had problems like that in my workshop and the fault was different in all the cases.
Turbo, air pressure sensor and mass air flow meter.
If you need to change it buy it in Mercedes because it is not very expensive and here in Portugal I tried another one that the seller told me it is equal to Mercedes and it didnt work.
Hi
Try to clean up MAP sensor,use a spray cleanner .

agabna
4th March, 2010, 09:26 AM
hello
yes u have problem in the air mass it gave wrong reading first u have to check the part no is true because some people put wrong part no for the air mass
and u have to check the air line if there is no leackge because it allso case the same problem

yarecky3
7th March, 2010, 01:14 AM
Or U can unplug mass meter and drive to try if there is a different. If there is change it. but on't forget about upper posts.
cheers

potrobber
7th March, 2010, 03:08 PM
02 plate c220 cdi diesel auto. suffering loss of power woulndnt rev above 3000 revs. diagnostic says mass air flow fault p0100 bank 2/5 signal voltage to low. would this mean mass air flow is faulty. thanks
change airflow meter for a new pierburg one and air filter also it is now part of merc service interval on newer cars to have it changed its not a costly part from merc