PDA

View Full Version : Trafic dongle fault repair

Manta1600
2nd November, 2022, 01:25 PM
Someone tried to program AKL on Trafic 2016 and now the van won't start just the remote work

I bought RR024 license for AVDI that can repair them but on the description they wrote :

"renewal and adaptation of BCM (body control module) and HFM (hands-free module) with a known PIN code"

Is it possible to read the pin when the van is already faulty or must buy the code from the dealer?

whiskeyman
2nd November, 2022, 11:40 PM
use the backup you took and repair
you can read pin but doubt avdi will repair this fault
if other tool used

godfathertwo
3rd November, 2022, 03:46 AM
So what is the point of licence only if you use avdi so now only expensive Renault Dealer Repair option.

phayz
3rd November, 2022, 08:31 AM
AVDI will repair this error.

Go to Renew
Airbag (I think)
Dongle reset

If not the airbag, look through the module options and look for dongle reset.

Then try to clear the faults and reprogram the keys. UCH should still work

Manta1600
3rd November, 2022, 09:08 AM
use the backup you took and repair
you can read pin but doubt avdi will repair this fault
if other tool used

I dont have any backup other locksmith that programed the key maybe have some backup

Manta1600
3rd November, 2022, 09:15 AM
So what is the point of licence only if you use avdi so now only expensive Renault Dealer Repair option.

The point is that maybe you can repair other locksmiths faults and save your time

The customer call me to do AKL when I went there he show me the he have key from other locksmith and I waste 1 hour and must go there again

This is the second van with the same problem this year

rapidlocksmiths
3rd November, 2022, 10:01 AM
avdi should repair this , most likely the airbag module or abs module , renew and recode keys.

first thing to do is scan all units for faults and also check that all units contain the same correct vin number , alot of these get bricked because of a doner airbag or abs unit with different vin , if this then renew that unit and add correct vin the airbag module or abs module is usual suspect .

you can still read the pincode in this state

the trouble with following someone else is you have no idea why this may of happened , did they not use adequate battery support , were they too lazy or too foolish not to read all units to check that vin matches in each before attempting key programming , what tool did they use and was it a tool reliable on these that does akl safely .

is the guy who bricked it paying for this repair ? is he insured ? or is he hoping once someone else plugs in he can deny all responsibility ?

so before starting scan all units for faults to check the obvious .

p1et
3rd November, 2022, 10:45 AM
With Smart Pro, is it able to check VIN in that modules?

rapidlocksmiths
3rd November, 2022, 10:57 AM
no i dont believe so with smart pro , which is why its good to have a tool like the abrites vin reader , its what i use , cheap tool and reads all modules on vehicle to confirm vin is same in each as well as checks the stolen vehicle register , adds 3 to 4 minutes in time to the job and can save a world of pain , though any good scan tool can check this too , and logs the check if needed in future , stand alone device that works bluetooth with your phone. such a tool negates some of the risk if using smart pro.

at least with abrites you can check and if a doner airbag module is fitted you can renew it prior to key programming to avoid issues , and charge extra for this and blame whom ever did the bodge job on airbag module rather than a proper job , i certainly wouldnt do this free , as well as keeps a back up which can be useful.

Manta1600
3rd November, 2022, 11:58 AM
avdi should repair this , most likely the airbag module or abs module , renew and recode keys.

first thing to do is scan all units for faults and also check that all units contain the same correct vin number , alot of these get bricked because of a doner airbag or abs unit with different vin , if this then renew that unit and add correct vin the airbag module or abs module is usual suspect .

the trouble with following someone else is you have no idea why this may of happened , did they not use adequate battery support , were they too lazy or too foolish not to read all units to check that vin matches in each before attempting key programming , what tool did they use and was it a tool reliable on these that does akl safely .

is the guy who bricked it paying for this repair ? is he insured ? or is he hoping once someone else plugs in he can deny all responsibility ?

Thanks mate will try

whiskeyman
4th November, 2022, 08:14 PM

been out to a few and avdi could not repair
dealer tried to replace uch and could not replace as needs a working key

godfathertwo
4th November, 2022, 09:16 PM
So a lesson not
To take job on if you do not have avdi and corresponding licences
Surely these vehicles are going to appear on this forum as people use cheap programmers that are not tested on these traffics 2016 on.

rapidlocksmiths
4th November, 2022, 09:47 PM
done a couple of these to date where someone else had bricked it , most had original key as was bricked doing spares , each occasion was the airbag unit that needed renewing, original key went back in but the spare they had done would not go in .

i cant remember if one was akl , i think all were spares , but all were bricked by autel i think , so it may only work when others brick it if an existing key is available , but im sure at least one i did was an akl , il see if i can dig out details .

as you can renew uch , airbag and alot of the units , i cant see why it would not be able to fix these

if unsure its a great question for alekn in the other thread.

vialli
5th November, 2022, 07:05 AM
If the dealer can only change the UCH if you have a key that belongs to the car and Abrites can repair the corrupted UCH without having a valid key of his and without replacing it....
This gives the performance worth appreciating

rapidlocksmiths
5th November, 2022, 11:49 AM
ive asked for input from AlekN on the solutions thread that he does support on , i hope he can give the definitive answer and process for all interested