PDA

View Full Version : Visteon VP6C3F, more attempts to enter code?

wokcz
5th November, 2022, 04:57 AM
I have a Ford Focus radio, Visteon part no V9C3F-18C939-AA, serial *AHK031111*. I have been using the attached dump to repair it a few times (code 4630).

The issue I have is that this dump only allows 3 attempts to enter the code, if you fail the three times, it shows "ERR CODE LOCK" and wont let you enter any more codes. I tried waiting 45 minutes, holding 5, 6, 6+1, etc while turning on but it never gives me one last chance to enter the code, I always end up having to desolder the chip and putting the attached dump to fix.

Is there a way to modify the dump to get more attempts to enter the code or at least one last try so I wont have to desolder and reprogram the chip every time it gets locked? I think the default behavior from the factory gives you more than 3 attempts.

Raimax
5th November, 2022, 02:57 PM
This dump is not yours

wokcz
5th November, 2022, 03:32 PM
This dump is not yours

Who said it was mine and why does it matter? It's a dump that was posted on this forums, I've been using it, like I said.

Raimax
5th November, 2022, 04:14 PM
Because dumps from other radios are not always suitable

gabriel pablo
7th November, 2022, 01:26 AM
hello friend, to get out of the code lock error, hold down memory 6 for 20 seconds, then enter the code
your code is