PDA

View Full Version : How do i downgrade

hard
4th March, 2010, 10:17 AM
Hi i updated my iphone 3gs to 3.1.3 is there a jailbreak for this update if not is it possible to downgrade back to 3.1.2, and also do i need my sim card in the phone when tryin to jb with blackrain.

jaybox
7th March, 2010, 07:17 AM
try this YouTube Dinozambas (file:///C:/Users/Administrator/Favorites/YouTube%20-%20Dinozambas%27s%20Channel.url)

biffo1
9th March, 2010, 09:47 AM
Hi i updated my iphone 3gs to 3.1.3 is there a jailbreak for this update if not is it possible to downgrade back to 3.1.2, and also do i need my sim card in the phone when tryin to jb with blackrain.

high mate have u got the old or new boot rom
here how to tell

HERE`S HOW TO TELL IF OLD OR NEW BOOT ROM ON THE IPHONE/IPOD TOUCH
The serial number is one way to check; if the 3rd, 4th, and 5th digits of the number are 940 or higher it more than likely has the new bootrom. If it is 939 or less you should have the old bootrom; there may be some iPhones that don't fit into that criteria so here is how to check the bootrom and know for sure what you have (no jailbreak is required):

To check iBoot Rom Version on Windows

1. Put your phone into DFU mode (hold power/home till it shuts down and release power when display goes off/continue holding home till you hear a sound on your computer)
2. device manager > universal serial bus controllers > apple mobile device
3. Right click on this and go to properties
4. Click details tab and should be in one of the fields below (change the drop down box till you find iBoot information).

On a Mac:
Put the iPhone in DFU mode then navigate to "About this Mac". From there go to "More Info...", and select USB on the list on the left. Under the USB menu you can select "Apple Mobile Device (DFU Mode)" and that will bring up information about the iPhone. About half way down it will have the iBoot information: It will either be [iBoot-359.3] or [iBoot-359.3.2] (the 359.3.2 is the new currently unjailbreakable one). To get it out of DFU mode just hold both the home and power button until it powers back on.

YouTube- Jailbreak & Unlock NEW 3.1.3 Firmware For iPhone 3Gs old Boot Rom

or if u wanna downgrade back to 3.1.2

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=koi2281&annotation_id=annotation_235484&feature=iv#p/u/5/pn-dGztTKQg