PDA

View Full Version : DM 500HD owners

freck
4th March, 2010, 04:13 PM
Just posted this to any dm500hd owners out there.
Just looking for feedback really,whats its pro's and cons.
What images are ye using and is there a specific version of dream up to use.
Picture quality on HD channels.....any break up like the DM800 clone model.Just need some users info on the receiver.
I'm a big DM user and will be getting a 500HD shortly but just a bit interested in the performance.
Thanks guys
Freck

yamar1
4th March, 2010, 07:10 PM
Bit soon tbh, just came on the market.

mjamil
4th March, 2010, 08:55 PM
i am the first in the scotland get the dreambox 500hd Picture quality is dreamfull i am very happy and you can get from surrey boys they are very frindly and help full .

al95
4th March, 2010, 09:28 PM
Hi there,

I got one DB 500HD yesterday from a SAT retailer here in Paris. Installed it OK yesterday (on Hispasat, Hotbird, Astra 28.2? and Astra 19?).
Went to bed...
This morning the box wouldn't boot.
Back to the shop, swapped, and here it is working again.
dream elite black hole image.
Now I'm going to explore things a little deeper.

Alain

freck
5th March, 2010, 05:07 PM
i am the first in the scotland get the dreambox 500hd Picture quality is dreamfull i am very happy and you can get from surrey boys they are very frindly and help full .
Get them from where??....surrey boys????
How much did you pay for it?
Freck

Manic01
5th March, 2010, 05:19 PM
Too much lol.

loncell
5th March, 2010, 11:10 PM
were's the best place chaps for a 500HD ? and what prices ?
clone price + original price if poss.

alunfennell
6th March, 2010, 12:18 AM
Fuc! the 500 HD a better buy if considering the Dreambox would be the QBox HD for 30 pounds more with Wifi etc.
http://www.europesat.gr/images/uploads/qbox_hd.jpg

I would recomending staying away from the DB 500 HD not worth the money at all, since they increased the price up to the price of a basic 800 HD model, if anything Dream will sell more of the 800 now because you get more for your money 2 USB, RS Port, Front osLed Desplay and a nicer front cover etc .

By the way the Broadcom processor in the 500HD is an over kill and not even needed nor will it ever be fully required at any stage even if a major encryption was ever to be hacked.