PDA

View Full Version : VW can bus decoder for accesory wire

illestibor
4th March, 2010, 04:46 PM
hello for everybody.I have a problem.I have a golf 5 from 2007 and i mounted an aftermarket navigation and radio unit in my car and i unable to find an accesory wire for that unit.The 15 wire i have, but i need that to function the unit ater i stoped the engine.the key is still in the ignition.at the moment when i remove the key from the ignition mechanic i want to power off the radio, similar how works the factory radio.Have anybody a solution?A wire from the oter side of the car, a can bus decoder...any ideea.
THANKS.

Meat-Head
4th March, 2010, 07:02 PM
Connects IGNI-GEN - Universal CAN-BUS Ignition Feed Generator. from Halfords Price ?19.99 (http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_70 0376_langId_-1_categoryId_165626#dtab)

bit toyo fooey, use a change over sw on ign sense so you can watch the radio with engine stalling

illestibor
4th March, 2010, 08:48 PM
This unit give ignition only if the engine running...

'' The only thing to remember is unit will not provide a feed if the engine is not running."

A found the ignition wire, accesories wire unable to found.
accesory means for me that without ignition.

example:older cars have 3 positions for key:
1.accesories
2.ignition
3.starter motor
i need to position 1, be detectable for me.

How i sayed.the factory radio is still functioning without the ignition.stops only when i remove the key from the keyhole.

columbo
5th March, 2010, 05:04 PM
I'm having the same problem with my 2002 A4.

I bought the Connects2 CAN2 'universal' interface and that is supposed to learn the CAN bus commands and give you the ignition 12v, illum., speed pulse and reverse gear. Needless to say it didn't work.

Also beaware that the looms are different if you have rear powered factory fitted sub woofer in the boot or just normal 4 speaker setup.

cristec
5th March, 2010, 07:15 PM
Hi this site has a diagram of a 2007 golf radio/cd connections.
2007 Volkswagen Golf Car Radio Wiring Diagram (http://www.modifiedlife.com/2007-volkswagen-golf-car-radio-wiring-diagram/)

HTH

illestibor
10th March, 2010, 12:16 AM
Problem still not resolved, because the ignition wire is not connected in the car's plug.Anybody have other opinion?where can i find the accesories line or wire?thanks.

illestibor
12th March, 2010, 12:48 AM
Anybody any other idea?Could i build a circuit with a can able pic?of course i need help for program.

titona
12th March, 2010, 05:31 PM
Buy a Blaupunkt CAN adapter, it works everytime, just set the small switches on it according to the schematic that comes with the adapter.

illestibor
19th March, 2010, 12:53 AM
Can you give me a link or an other place from where i by this interface?Thanks