PDA

View Full Version : Another No Channels were found thread

zinediner
4th March, 2010, 06:44 PM
Help please

I have a nokia dbox2 with a blade quad image dated from 28th April 2008. Everything was working fine but started to loose a few channels. Just decided to do a Service scan and now i have no channels. Just mentions No channels found when booting box or doing a service scan.

I am in Birmingham. I was able to view most of the channels just lost some movie ones and low and behold now have none.

Any help will be appreciated as i tried rescanning, switched off box etc no joy.

chris31560
4th March, 2010, 07:23 PM
hi m8 have u tryed another image? if not try one it should sort it..

zinediner
4th March, 2010, 07:58 PM
Chris

Thank you for the response. I am in the process of uploading commando 12 image via null cable it will take a while but hopefully within the next 45 mins i will post results

plasterer
4th March, 2010, 09:58 PM
After you add the magic to the comm image
Try doing a slow scan as the fast scan settings have changed,You could also try doing this in Blade as well...Paul

zinediner
4th March, 2010, 10:24 PM
Platerer

No joy with the commando 12 image. I am going to upload the blade quad image as i know my way around that and do a scan again.

Its weired this. Most of the channels were working, i only lost after a scan my theory is the netid are changing in Birmingham and i need to be patient until they complete and i will be able to get my channels back then

Fergal
4th March, 2010, 10:32 PM
If you do a slow scan the netid does not come into it
plus why you flashing via the nullmodem cable dont you have a crossover cable or something.

zinediner
4th March, 2010, 11:33 PM
I have a crossover cable not flashed that way no idea how that is done. I use the cross over to ftp files over etc.

Now i am back to blade quad image selected my location still no joy. I do a al UK scanning still tells me no channels were found. PLease execute a scan. Weired never had problem before. Sods law in doing a scan earlier on today.

Next plan of action is try my dbox2 down a friends house. Then bring there working box to mine.

plasterer
4th March, 2010, 11:59 PM
You need to slow scan mate (brute force)
This should pick them up .....................Paul

zinediner
5th March, 2010, 10:37 AM
Plasterer

The Blade Quad image as far as i can see does not give me the optition to do a brute force apart from when you select chorus brute force. Unless one of the kind members here who has this image can pin point me in the correct direction

PaphosAL
5th March, 2010, 10:39 AM
For Commando 12, you need to apply the latest Update to version C12.1.2 (available here on D-K (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f35/commando-12-final-showdown-89758/)) in order for BruteForce Scan and VM-Style Bouquets sorting to work properly (particularly if your area has moved to the new UK-wide Channel Map).

And if you have a cross-over Ethernet cable and are adept with FTP, then just txfr the new image to the /tmp folder and reflash via the Services Menu on the dbox. 5 mins max! Choose the Flash w/o Bootloader option.

Cheers- AL :)

zinediner
5th March, 2010, 10:45 AM
Cheers PaphosAL

At the moment i have on the blade quad image. So therefore i believe i need to do the following

1) FTP over the commando 12 image to the /tmp folder. From the services menu run the install. I believe there is the option there, unless i am mistaken

2) Copy over the above file you have sent the link for to the tmp folder and run the upgrade

3) Copy over the magic tools

4) Brute force scan and touch wood all should be well.

Have i missed anything

Fergal
5th March, 2010, 02:43 PM
Yes choose write one partition and flash without bootloader then do the upgrade as AL says
then do the setmylocation and try a fast scan if it dont work you should be able to do a slow scan.

zinediner
5th March, 2010, 11:33 PM
PaphosAL and Fergal the above worked a treat. Excellent image as well