PDA

View Full Version : Crossover cable to ps3 HELP!

nod123
25th October, 2008, 08:26 PM
PC(VISTA)CROSSOVER(CABLE)STATIC(IP)PS3(TVERSTY)

I have two network cards and a crossover cable that runs from my pc to my ps3. Right can someone in here tell me when i enable ICS

1 How to create a static IP
2 What to input in the two network conections on my pc
3 what to input into the network conection on the ps3

4 Last but not least how the hell do i get tversity to show up on my ps3 because it has gone!!!

Can anybody help out there............................................. ..............

mrtell
25th October, 2008, 09:27 PM
use a router and a straight cable (not a crossover)

nod123
26th October, 2008, 12:10 AM
well the crossover worked before for me with tversity

mrtell
26th October, 2008, 12:41 AM
no doubt it did.....just saying a router would be better

dazza78
26th October, 2008, 10:21 AM
im not sure about the crossover m8 , but hopefully this will help?

i take it your gettin error code 80710102 ?
so the first thing to try is open up your router and change your dns settings
this is what i used

* 208.67.222.222 primary
* 208.67.220.220 secondry

and then try connectin wirelessly again and that should work m8.

if not follow these steps and all will be complete m8
-----------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------

Okay, here are the steps that I did to utilize this information to my advantage. I?ll try to make it as simple as possible:

1) Leave your PS3 settings on automatic/easy (probably what you already had it set as before).

2) Locate the IP address of your router. For example?s sake, mine is belkin with IP 192.168.0.1

3) Open a web browser (Firefox or Internet Explorer for example) on a computer connected to your router (The PS3?s browser might also work but I didn?t try that).

4) In the address bar, type in the IP address of you router.

5) If it asks for a username and password, enter whatever you set it as. If you never set one, check the manual with your router and it will probably give the default username and password. If you can?t find one, try username ?admin? with no password.or just leave it blank.

6) Once you get in, look for the setting to enter "DNS Primary and Secondary." (In mine, it was under ?WAN.?) Once you find it, enter the values above for DNS (208.67.222.222 primary and 208.67.220.220 secondary). - Mine had 0.0.0.0 for both primary and secondary before I did this which makes me further believe that this was the problem. - Make sure to apply the changes.

7) Check the connection on your PS3 and hope that it is working.

Best of luck,

bobo.

Some people have noted that it may also work if you just change the DNS values on the PS3 (instead of the router) under manual network configuration for DNS. worth a shot before configuring your router.
4.2.2.1 (primary) and 4.2.2.5 (secondary) enter these in to your ps3 m8 and ill guarntee that u will be up and running m8
bobo
hope this helps m8?

maybe this could be put up as a sticky , as this could help a lot of peeps out there, does anybody know how to have a sticky posted???
dazza

nod123
26th October, 2008, 12:47 PM
I dont have a router thats why i need the hardwired version with a crossover cable any ideas?

dazza78
1st November, 2008, 11:02 AM
I dont have a router thats why i need the hardwired version with a crossover cable any ideas?

i dont know m8 try the actual playstation forum m8
dazza

HUPextreme
9th November, 2008, 12:26 PM
i just did a crossover connection with my vista pc and ps3 to get tversity working.

all i did was have everything set to default, i.e. dont assign any ip addresses etc and just used a normal cable, i didnt even use a crossover cable cos vista knows what to do.

also make sure u set u network to private on vista.