PDA

View Full Version : Celtic Trio in for Players' Award

ice2004
7th April, 2008, 03:23 PM
Celtic players Aiden McGeady, Scott McDonald and Barry Robson have been shortlisted for the PFA Scotland Player of the Year award.

The fourth player to complete the candidate list is Rangers' Spanish defender Carlos Cuellar.

McGeady has also been included in the young player of the year category.

He is joined by Falkirk midfielder Scott Arfield, Hibernian forward Steven Fletcher, Motherwell's Ross McCormack and Dundee midfielder Kevin McDonald.

Every footballer affiliated to the Professional Footballers' Association Scotland is eligible to vote, with the winners to be announced on 20 April.

"This is the top award for players," said PFA Scotland chief executive Fraser Wishart.

"There is no greater honour in football than to be voted the best player in your country by your fellow professionals."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/7334824.stm

allycoops
7th April, 2008, 06:44 PM
Cuellar has to win it,

ice2004
7th April, 2008, 06:49 PM
Cuellar has to win it,

He would get my vote too and im not just saying that coz hes a Rangers player. Id give young player to McGeady obviously.

allycoops
7th April, 2008, 06:56 PM
He would get my vote too and im not just saying that coz hes a Rangers player. Id give young player to McGeady obviously.

Only cause hutton aint there

davidharvey75
9th April, 2008, 08:24 AM
I think Hutton would have been a stick on cert if he was still here.
I'd give it to Cuellar, and i'd give McGeady the young player.

rangers71
12th April, 2008, 03:47 PM
i dont understand why McGregor's not on the list he has had a great season

allycoops
12th April, 2008, 09:49 PM
i dont understand why McGregor's not on the list he has had a great season

excellent post, unfortuately we often forget about the goalkeeper, well said mate

gazz10
12th April, 2008, 10:01 PM
Its the same as defenders they dont usually get nominated but i think with the season Cuellar has had i think he got this one wrapped up.

Not a gers fan yes a celtic fan saying he deserves it.