PDA

View Full Version : Inside splitter or outside splitter

ITS A SCAM !
26th October, 2008, 09:44 AM
I am eagerly waiting for the delivery of my Eurovox. I have 20meg broadband and a virgin phone coming into our house, and i have ran a rg6 cable from the virgin media box outside, with my splitter in there. Is that the accepltabe way to do this installation ?? I would find it difficult to connect to the broadband cable as it is going in upstairs, and i do not want another hole if i can help it. :)

cantona7
26th October, 2008, 10:08 AM
it is acceptable but is it wise????acceptable meaning it will work
vm can look in their box at any time and hey ho your buggered
put a splitter in your house vm have no access and it is easier for you to change around and play with later as and when you choose

portbhoy
26th October, 2008, 11:59 AM
As long as it's only a 2 way splitter then you should be ok, it should however be the same type as used by VM they wouldn't expect to find a Maplins one in there. I have never seen a 3 way splitter outside though so I would deffo steer clear of them.

ITS A SCAM !
26th October, 2008, 01:40 PM
As long as it's only a 2 way splitter then you should be ok, it should however be the same type as used by VM they wouldn't expect to find a Maplins one in there. I have never seen a 3 way splitter outside though so I would deffo steer clear of them.

Does anyone know exacly what make of splitter they use ?? The last time i pestered a Vm guy for something, he was asking loads of questions :afraid:

portbhoy
26th October, 2008, 02:15 PM
Qamtex the last time I checked

ITS A SCAM !
26th October, 2008, 04:55 PM
Thank you for your quick reply...i have just spent a hour moving the new cable from the VM box outside, to the broadband modem upstairs...so basically the splitter will be in the bedroom, and there is no visible link to the outside VM box apart from the cable they put in for my Modem. It makes me feel a lot happier knowing that if they open their box, no additional cables are connected...:thefinger:
kindest regards IAS!

portbhoy
26th October, 2008, 04:59 PM
Whatever method makes you able to sleep at night that's whats important ;)

ThePlayer
26th October, 2008, 06:07 PM
Hello, Whats UP

ThePlayer
26th October, 2008, 06:08 PM
Test is The Best for ME or got to Gone

portbhoy
26th October, 2008, 06:21 PM
Eh, perhaps you'd better start again ;)