PDA

View Full Version : Fiat ducato

locks85
5th March, 2010, 07:15 PM
Hello,
A 2006 Fiat ducato 100 JTD 2.2L wont start, an employee used it to jumpstart another car but actually connected jump leads somewhere in engine bay and not on the battery.
Fiat garage claimed its the engine ecu,soi checked with diagun and i got same result .
Could it be possible to fix this problem ?
Thanks in advance
Marinos

AdamDavidSzocs
5th March, 2010, 07:18 PM
Hey!
We need im*o 93c56 and ECU 95p08 eeprom dumps.
Will see if there's halp for you. Do you have anything that you can reprogram keys with? Might be necessary.

oldford
5th March, 2010, 07:55 PM
For repairs try: bba reman in the UK.

locks85
5th March, 2010, 09:20 PM
Hi yes i do have mvp pro, but i need to know for sure if i will have result because i already need to make second trip to the car and is 1.5 hour drive, in other words my question is since the fault code is : engine control faulty, should we try with the 2 eeproms ?
Hope my question is clear
Kind Regards
locks85

AdamDavidSzocs
5th March, 2010, 10:35 PM
Don't know for sure.
Jumpstarting sometimes causes immobox data to mess up, so at the end you can't start the car.
In your case it might be the same, or it could be th ECU blown.
Guessing will not take us further. Might want to check on the dumps, could be a simple way to figure out the cause of the trouble. An extra trip for the controllers in a pain in the ass, but at least this option is free.

easytech
5th March, 2010, 11:24 PM
First check if check-engine light is on and or the immo light when ignition is on? When immo is flashing then immo is corrupt.
Sometimes a fuse could be blown.

locks85
6th March, 2010, 01:26 PM
Dear Sir,
I absolutely agree with you, so just let me know the location of the units you want me to read and we will proceed. I didnt want to judge your advise first place if that is what crossed your mind.
Best Regards
locks85

locks85
6th March, 2010, 01:44 PM
immo light goes off i need to double check the engine light, i think it stays on but i will be sure in a couple of days when i go back to the car

AdamDavidSzocs
6th March, 2010, 02:51 PM
Immo should be fine then, no need th read the dump. Should be the ECU burned. Immobox is right under steering wheel, little grey box, can be found if you remove plastic cover held by 4 screws.
ECU is right opposite to battery, under black plastic cover on your right if you face the engine bay.

locks85
6th March, 2010, 03:34 PM
You still want me to read ecu dump just in case wright ?

Meat-Head
6th March, 2010, 03:45 PM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f115/ford-transit-help-me-immo-off-80611/#post488180

the link shows an emulator for these immo boxes.

But think your problem is either a blown fuse, or fried ecu.or none of the above

sl4ck
6th March, 2010, 11:37 PM
Try to connect a cable to mass (chassis metal) or battery negative and directly to ECU case (metal) and check if it starts, if yes, it's internal ECU mass damaged.

Meat-Head
7th March, 2010, 10:39 AM
Try to connect a cable to mass (chassis metal) or battery negative and directly to ECU case (metal) and check if it starts, if yes, it's internal ECU mass damaged.

Do agree but seem to thik the ecu is under a plastic case, which if you are correct, then there is one STUUPPID dumbass on this planet that could acutally do that.

sl4ck
7th March, 2010, 10:52 AM
I have one here from Jumper 2.2, Bosch, and it's not plastic case, dunno if Ducato is

AdamDavidSzocs
8th March, 2010, 08:30 AM
We're talking about a plactic cover under which the ECU is in metal housing.

Meat-Head
8th March, 2010, 08:50 AM
I have one here from Jumper 2.2, Bosch, and it's not plastic case, dunno if Ducato is

We're talking about a plactic cover under which the ECU is in metal housing.

sl4ck is saying put an earth wire to the case of metal ecu, see if it starts.

i'm saying the ecu is BOLTED to the inner wing UNDER a plaastic cover

a) It should have an earth anyway
b) if that is theproblem then who ever put the jump leads on one one hell of a dumbass.

locks85
8th March, 2010, 10:11 PM
so i took out visteon ecu, have in mind there is no im*o box but BSI unit funny enough you can see on the pictures that 2 capacitors were glued with black silicon on the cover of ecu, perhaps black silicon came out from one of them when fried ? i get some sort of measurment only from one of them. how to measure the capacitors ? should you advise me what to do and where is eeprom ?

Meat-Head
8th March, 2010, 11:01 PM
so i took out visteon ecu, have in mind there is no im*o box but BSI unit funny enough you can see on the pictures that 2 capacitors were glued with black silicon on the cover of ecu, perhaps black silicon came out from one of them when fried ? i get some sort of measurment only from one of them. how to measure the capacitors ? should you advise me what to do and where is eeprom ?

1) no silicon in capacitors, just 'fur' and tin foil and 'vinigar'
2 put across a battery, then a few seconds later put a bulb across it see if has held charge.
3) looking at photo, you have (accidntly) YANKED the caps out the board, looks like crap idea from fiat.

Try two new caps, rebuild, see what happens.

locks85
9th March, 2010, 02:17 PM
dear sir, ecu is visteon dcu-102 HW:96 612 569 80
93086 6J262 but i cannot find eeprom inside

locks85
10th March, 2010, 06:03 PM
So i put 2 new capacitors but still nothing. But orogonal capacitors were 820μf 63V and i only found 1000μf 63V, I DONT KNOW IF IT MATERS

AdamDavidSzocs
10th March, 2010, 06:05 PM
I don't think so.

Thagang
25th June, 2010, 05:54 AM
Dear all, i had the same promlem - but i didn"t realised where is actually its "location". I found "second hand" ECU - and i changed procesors. DUCATO starts work immediately. Regards.

Thagang
25th June, 2010, 06:02 AM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f68/fiat-ducato-99510/index2.htmlhttp://http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/attachments/f68/13312d1268082650-fiat-ducato-ducato-visteon-2006-010.jpg

Thagang
25th June, 2010, 06:09 AM
:celtictop:

tuananh0806
25th June, 2010, 06:41 AM
I have documents repair doplo fiat. What you need to contact me offline