PDA

View Full Version : information about linux for open media

marseille
26th October, 2008, 12:08 PM
pls any one can iadvice about this open media 500 cs boxe with linux is freezing or not and is using server or what difference betwen linux and server because i have a aboxe is using server but all time is down many time that reason i want to buy this boxe

portbhoy
26th October, 2008, 12:23 PM
I have a openmeia box running the DK 1.1 image for cable and EDG Nemisis 4.1 for satellite, which is also connected to a server. The obvious advantage of using a linux image is it is easy to change server whenever you want, you can also test servers before commiting to them. The Openmedia is a good box thats a fair price but a bit cheaply made I dont see mine lasting the full 12 months of the warranty especially with the kids changing it from sat to cable all the time. The only other pain is that you have to power it down to change between tuners, a little thing but it does get annoying :banghead:

cactikid
26th October, 2008, 02:59 PM
so u think u should have bought a better box?:cobblers:

portbhoy
26th October, 2008, 05:06 PM
~~~~ me kid your like a virus mate, I have a good box but this openmedias growing on me the tuner is brilliant better than any box I have had and you know me if it's new I have to buy it :)

cactikid
26th October, 2008, 05:18 PM
what about the 10 new ones been released on monday lol,well if the open media is closed then there is a problem:itsme::laugh:

portbhoy
26th October, 2008, 05:46 PM
What do you mean closed :questionmark:

cactikid
26th October, 2008, 06:19 PM
what i meant was when server no longer works is that closed?

portbhoy
26th October, 2008, 06:22 PM
You can pick whatever server you want Kid, there are loads and it can be changed ;)

cactikid
26th October, 2008, 06:40 PM
thats interesting only off for 3 months lol,out with the yellow pages haha.

portbhoy
26th October, 2008, 06:51 PM
Eh I think you'd better find out what your talking about first kid, my servers never been down and as I said if it did I can change it straight away. I think your thinking about the protek which has a dedicated server :rock:

cactikid
26th October, 2008, 07:07 PM
and it was not dedicated enough,but who knows when resurection day will come or the little brown box comes lol.

portbhoy
26th October, 2008, 07:14 PM
As Shady says dummkopf :stupido3:

marseille
27th October, 2008, 02:58 PM
many thanks for all your advice i will buy one now