PDA

View Full Version : Scenic 2 Dash Strange Problem

moztas
5th March, 2010, 08:41 PM
Hi,

I have a scenic 2 dash which it's speed odometer increases by itself (car is idle mode). Sometimes when I push or jog the grey big connecter it works normally

Any idea on this?

BR,
moztas

GolfmkI
5th March, 2010, 08:52 PM
This is a common failure on Scenic2 dashboards, try to repair it, problem is located in most of cases in solderings points of connectors,internal fuse, mini smd resistances,or transistor...when this fails, dashboard goes fool and increases mileage (or not).

My advise is that you try to repair yourself with thr help with a post in this forum. Use search button.

I hope i have helped you.

moztas
5th March, 2010, 09:02 PM
Many thanks for your response GolfmkI.

Yes, I already searched the forum and found 2 topics about repairing scenic 2 dash. As you say, common advise is resoldering small valued resistors and some smd companents near transformator.

But, I did't know that is related with incresing speed odometer. I am a electronic technician and it will be very easy to resolder companents with my hot air gun and soldering machine.

BR,
moztas

moztas
5th March, 2010, 09:20 PM
Sorry for mistake. There is a problem on speedometer not the odometer. Speedometer increases by itself.

GolfmkI
5th March, 2010, 09:59 PM
If it is the speedometer who increases, could be because of the same reason, but this is not the most common.Have you any diagnostic interface like Renault can clip? SO you can read dtc faults, and actual values. By this way you can check components so you can read real values, and compare.

moztas
5th March, 2010, 10:18 PM
I have no any diagnostic interface for Renault vehicles. Anyway, most probably it is a soldering issue as you say above. Because speedometer works normal when I push the connector. I will try and post the result.

GolfmkI
5th March, 2010, 10:24 PM
Yes it seems to be only soldering work, you.re lucky!!!!!!!

moztas
6th March, 2010, 09:46 AM
Today, I checked the soldering. As you said GolfmkI, solder of all 1R0 resistors were broken. I resoldered them all. I will update when I test it.

Yes, I'm really lucky! :)

BR
moztas