PDA

View Full Version : Recycled NOOb needs Toyota TCU Help

Cap
6th March, 2010, 04:09 AM
I am troubleshooting a Toyota Sequential Manual Transmission (SMT), that has rolled over and is playing dead. The SMT is an Electro-Hydraulic Actuator System that Shifts and works the Clutch of a 6 Speed Manual Transmission in Toyota MR2 Spyder.
I was last involved in Hex Dumps in the Middle '80, and the World has passed me buy in this Field,( Been busy earning a living and raising Kids! ) So I'm a 'Little Lost' presently, in the World of Hacking. I last worked on 6502's.. Not even the 65C02!.. and the Z80's were just coming out( For those that know what that is! ) So please help this Re-Cycled NOOb.. Be Gentle Please..

At this Point I have made a Break Out Box, that Connects the TCU to the SMT, and I can Break or Connect any or all of the 51 wires that connect the TCU to the SMT/Car Body. This includes all the Sensors, Comm Lines and Power Lines. My intention is to Verify the Integrity of the Sensors ( Analog Position/Pressure 0-5 Volt ) Input Signals going to the TCU from the SMT. I have this all covered.
The Point I need Help With, is the 'Re-Learn Procedure', this is a Procedure where the Toyota Dealer will connect the Hand Held Test Device ( Same one they read OBD2 Codes From ) and by way of the OBD2 Test Port Line ( SIL Line is shared with all the ECU's of the Car ) cause the TCU to Move all the Positioners, and remember where things are in 'This Set Up'.. If any of the Sensors or Positioners are changed, a 'Re-Learn Procedure' will need to be Performed.. and that ALWAYS requires a visit to the Toyota Dealer.. and fees involved!!

I'm wondering if the Communication of this SIL line to the TCU, can be recorded, when I take the Car to a Toyota Dealer to have a 'Re-Learn Procedure' Performed. Then be able to Copy the Signals again to the TCU, next time I need a Relearn Procedure. At this Point the Car will not move under it's own Power, and the Car will have to be Put on a Flat Bed and Delivered to the Dealer. After all the Sensor Inputs are Verified, the ONLY next step is the Toyota Dealer for the Re-Learn Procedure.. Unless Someone has already Figured how to trigger that TCU step..

I'm and Old Man NOOb, that did this kind of stuff back in the '80's but the world had sped up somewhat!..

If someone could help me understand what Hardware/Software is needed for this Project.. and as a Side Note, help me get to do a Mem Dump on my Spyder ECU would be great.. As I haven't seen one in Years. ( Hex Dump! :) )

Thanks in Advance

Cap