PDA

View Full Version : VIN LOCATION - EDC15C7. FLASH OR EEPROM?

Ianh99
20th December, 2022, 11:52 PM
Hi,
Ecu 0281010345 EDC15C7
Citroen Relay 2 (2006)
Can anyone give me the location of the VIN please?
Is it in the flash or the eeprom?
Thanks.

morgano
21st December, 2022, 12:16 AM
If i had to bet... i would on eeprom, yes.

Ianh99
21st December, 2022, 12:52 AM
Thanks morgano. That's where I would have expected it, but can't see it. I've also gone right through the flash (and it's a big one).
It might be the case that the vin is not recorded in this ecu?

morgano
22nd December, 2022, 12:17 PM
Thanks morgano. That's where I would have expected it, but can't see it. I've also gone right through the flash (and it's a big one).
It might be the case that the vin is not recorded in this ecu?

hmmm more likely is not in plain text but cihpered some way. But i can't 100% confirm the ecu has the actual VIN registered inside.

kiszka
22nd December, 2022, 05:04 PM
Hi,
Ecu 0281010345 EDC15C7
Citroen Relay 2 (2006)
Can anyone give me the location of the VIN please?
Is it in the flash or the eeprom?
Thanks.
Can you tell why you are looking for vin in edc15

Ianh99
23rd December, 2022, 02:42 PM
Yes of course. Purely out of interest kiszka.
I have been looking at a Citroen Relay2 for a neighbour. Long-time abandoned with an immobiliser issue, so no pressure on me to resolve quickly. Starting point - working key, but no IMMO code.
Retrieved the bin file from immo box (corrupted). Programmed immo box with new bin file (and known code). Programmed a blank ID48 to match.
Obtained virgin ECU bin file (95P08) and auto-coded immobox to this.
Vehicle now starts fine.
In the process, I have gained a fair bit of knowledge on PIN encryption, for different ECU's.
Just curious to see if I could decypher the VIN code, but can't seem to see anything which might translate in either file.
I'm doing it manually, so I might have missed it - or as morgano says, it may not be there to see anyway!

kiszka
23rd December, 2022, 07:51 PM
Yes of course. Purely out of interest kiszka.
I have been looking at a Citroen Relay2 for a neighbour. Long-time abandoned with an immobiliser issue, so no pressure on me to resolve quickly. Starting point - working key, but no IMMO code.
Retrieved the bin file from immo box (corrupted). Programmed immo box with new bin file (and known code). Programmed a blank ID48 to match.
Obtained virgin ECU bin file (95P08) and auto-coded immobox to this.
Vehicle now starts fine.
In the process, I have gained a fair bit of knowledge on PIN encryption, for different ECU's.
Just curious to see if I could decypher the VIN code, but can't seem to see anything which might translate in either file.
I'm doing it manually, so I might have missed it - or as morgano says, it may not be there to see anyway!
It's purely out of curiosity, give me some proof that the vin in this ecu exists

Ianh99
24th December, 2022, 12:07 PM
That's what I'm trying to find out kiszka. I assumed the VIN appeared somewhere in all engine ECU's but perhaps not. I thought someone might have chimed in and told me definitively that the VIN is not present in this particular ECU - in which case I'll stop looking!
Since Lexia always requires a manual input of the VIN - I suspect that it isn't there anyway.