PDA

View Full Version : BMW 745i e65 Cluster Project for ETS

Doruceanu
22nd December, 2022, 09:43 AM
Hey guys!
Has anyone managed to move the needles on these BMW 7 series E65 745i instrument cluster Outside the car, in a reverse engineering project.
They are connected to a Canbus emulator attached to an Arduino board and receive the initialization messages, but I think I'm making a mistake somewhere, because I can't move the needles.
and i have the red car icon on elevator on the central display.
I can only turn the Dashboard on, signal left and right, set the RPM limit, light them and turn on the low beam headlights.
I am also attaching a video in this regard, please if you can give me some advice, any help is welcome.

Thank you very much

https://youtu.be/8DEH3tWmN_E

brend
22nd December, 2022, 12:06 PM

Doruceanu
22nd December, 2022, 01:18 PM
For this need known saved can command from car .

Can hacker for help save from car can command packed .
Or if you wonna move needle start jast dash test , that's it .

I have a good part of the messages to initialize.
But the needles don't go up, then I kept searching and found all kinds of information but not really what I need.
I have captured messages found on the internet, but they are captured on the PT-Can bus, and I don't know how the messages are converted from PT-Can, which is responsible for sending messages from the engine and transmission to the Central Getaway Module (and loaded in ZGM Buffer) and through a certain method converts them to K-Can which communicates to Kombi (Cluster instrument)

The communication protocols are different between PT-Can and K-Can.
PT-Can works on 500kbps
K-Can works on 100kbps

1. So in the first phase I would be interested if anyone knows how the messages (Speed, Rpm, ABS) are converted from PT-Can to K-Can to be taken over by the Kombi/Instrument Cluster, if somehow it changes its ID and Date Frame.

2. or if someone has worked on a series 7 (2003-2007) and can tell me if somehow the Cluster instrument gets into a certain error, blocking by not receiving a specific message and which blocks the needles. otherwise being partially functional as seen in the Video attached to the post.

Thank you Guys