PDA

View Full Version : Land Rover Dicovery II lost all keys

sogaro
6th March, 2010, 06:12 PM
I need to programme new keys for this vehicle, any help? Like whats the system like, where is the immo ? In a box on ont he ECU, what do i look out for to read?

agabna
6th March, 2010, 09:05 PM
hello
like bmw key

BeianM
6th March, 2010, 10:05 PM
I need to programme new keys for this vehicle, any help? Like whats the system like, where is the im*o ? In a box on ont he ECU, what do i look out for to read?

If you don't want to buy the kit, & unless some nice person on here offers a loan of it. Then contact Alan at ecuclinic.com He may have the kit to rent you. I know he does with the early Rovers.

sogaro
7th March, 2010, 10:17 AM
am sure this will not work as key does not have a transponder in it. I got a working one from another car yesternight and read it with my transponder copier/reader/writer and it showed no transponder. I think it uses the remote and i got a way around it which i will try and see if it works. However i read somewhere that once a key looses sync it can not be re-used except i get another....not sure
though.

Procedure for 2002 models (BMW remote in key)
1. With the doors shut and from inside the vehicle.
2. Turn ignition to position 1 and back to off within 5 seconds
3. Remove key from ignition and press and hold the unlock button (has an arrow on it) for
15 seconds during this time press the key lock button (has Land Rover logo)3 times
within 5 seconds
4. Release both buttons
5. Doors will lock and unlock to show correct programming has occurred

electromech
7th March, 2010, 01:51 PM
these keys work with code and arent like the bmw and yes it has a transponder and can only be coded via diagnostics (with a code printed on the inside sticked to the chip)your best bet is to get autologic M8
Just to be sure this is your key?

agabna
8th March, 2010, 07:25 AM
yes most of discovery cars use just remot
u can use ad100 pro it can program the remot (adc151+dongle A)
and u can try the old rover remot programming it some times work

sogaro
9th March, 2010, 07:37 AM
these keys work with code and arent like the bmw and yes it has a transponder and can only be coded via diagnostics (with a code printed on the inside sticked to the chip)your best bet is to get autologic M8
Just to be sure this is your key?

Yes this is what it looks like and like i said it does not have a transponder chip cos i read it with a reader

@agabna, will try your method out to see

electromech
9th March, 2010, 08:33 AM
Yes this is what it looks like and like i said it does not have a transponder chip cos i read it with a reader

@agabna, will try your method out to see
M8 there is no if's but's or maybe this vehicle MUST have a transponder chip they all came out with it

Fallen
26th March, 2010, 07:40 AM
Just to put this baby to bed, I did a 2002 Discovery II today.

The guy had lost all his original keys with the remote heads as in the picture a few posts back.
The alarm was still activated via the remote so when you unlocked the door manually with the key the alarm would sound untill you turned the key in the ignition and the car would start.
I programmed the new remotes for the car via a AD100-PRO. The keys come with two barcodes attached to them that have to be entered via the tester to introduce them into the car.
The key worked fine and the buttons disabled and enabled the central locking and alarm.
The RW4 tells me there is NO transponder in the keys and the ability to start the car (even with the alarm activated) with a steel key confirms this.
If anybody comes across a cheap supplier of these remotes, let me know please as they cost a bomb from a dealer.

Included is an AD Land Rover manual if you need some more info.

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting (http://rapidshare.com/files/368264212/LR_Manual.pdf)

Hope this helps.

electromech
26th March, 2010, 07:07 PM
Just to put this baby to bed, I did a 2002 Discovery II today.

The guy had lost all his original keys with the remote heads as in the picture a few posts back.
The alarm was still activated via the remote so when you unlocked the door manually with the key the alarm would sound untill you turned the key in the ignition and the car would start.
I programmed the new remotes for the car via a AD100-PRO. The keys come with two barcodes attached to them that have to be entered via the tester to introduce them into the car.
The key worked fine and the buttons disabled and enabled the central locking and alarm.
The RW4 tells me there is NO transponder in the keys and the ability to start the car (even with the alarm activated) with a steel key confirms this.
If anybody comes across a cheap supplier of these remotes, let me know please as they cost a bomb from a dealer.

Included is an AD Land Rover manual if you need some more info.

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting (http://rapidshare.com/files/368264212/LR_Manual.pdf)

Hope this helps.
Hello M8 which country are you from (or vehicle)as in some markets the transponder is dissabled

Fallen
27th March, 2010, 02:33 AM
Hello mate, it was in Australia.
You would think with all the convicts down here, they would of ADDED security features rather than taking them away!

electromech
27th March, 2010, 05:45 PM
Hello mate, it was in Australia.
You would think with all the convicts down here, they would of ADDED security features rather than taking them away!
M8 you should come to my neck of the world they will nick the numbers of your house!!!!!!!! anyway I have been reading my info and it is actually a remobilisation coil and it sends radio frequency from plip to bcu and I AGREE KEY HAS NO TRANSPONDER CHIP but it still need a working RF Frequency to start

sogaro
28th March, 2010, 03:52 PM
M8 you should come to my neck of the world they will nick the numbers of your house!!!!!!!! anyway I have been reading my info and it is actually a remobilisation coil and it sends radio frequency from plip to bcu and I AGREE KEY HAS NO TRANSPONDER CHIP but it still need a working RF Frequency to start

Good to read this, i actually was not going to argue since i was sure i read working key with Transponder reader and it showed absence of transponder. Can I get a Thanks for that m8?