PDA

View Full Version : BMW's

Ding-Dong
7th March, 2010, 12:25 PM
Hello Everyone
I dont have enough EXPERIENCE among the BMW's SO
Just a few questions regarding the BMW's----------------

1) How do we come to know that how many memories store the KM VALUE or how many memories are to be programmed to reset the KM VALUE ?????

2) Where the CAS is located in the BMW's
Does the location remains the same in all versions like 1er, 3er, 5er, 6er, 7er, Z4, M3, M5, X3, X5 & X6

I know that some versions also require the resetting of EWS & LCM along with the CAS But how we gonna know :questionmark:

Any help would be really Appreciated

regards & thanks in advance

oldford
7th March, 2010, 01:22 PM
Check out this site: WDS BMW Wiring Diagram System - Model Selection (http://spaghetticoder.org/bmw/wds/)
There's a lot of information there.
You can find parts and where they are located on this site:
RealOEM.com Online BMW Parts Catalog (http://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do)
Select a car and engine and then in "browse part" select 61 Vehicle Electrical system and then 61 25 Control units modules sensors relays

Ding-Dong
7th March, 2010, 04:44 PM
Check out this site: WDS BMW Wiring Diagram System - Model Selection (http://spaghetticoder.org/bmw/wds/)
There's a lot of information there.
You can find parts and where they are located on this site:
RealOEM.com Online BMW Parts Catalog (http://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do)
Select a car and engine and then in "browse part" select 61 Vehicle Electrical system and then 61 25 Control units modules sensors relays

HI
Thanks for ur support
But that doesnt solve my doubts fully
bcoz I dont know that which & how many memories store the KM VALUE & need to RESET
ANYWAY THANKS ALOT

regards

didi_du_93000
7th March, 2010, 05:11 PM
HI
Thanks for ur support
But that doesnt solve my doubts fully
bcoz I dont know that which & how many memories store the KM VALUE & need to RESET
ANYWAY THANKS ALOT

regards

Hello, the km is on: DCT errors, CAS modul, and dashboard.

no LKM (LCM), EWS and key is automatic.

oldford
7th March, 2010, 06:00 PM
Well, you wanted to know where the CAS is located.
That's where the realoem site is handy.
I can't answer your other question, because I do not tamper mileage, because I consider that to be unprofessional. I do not wish to participate in cheating my future customers.
If a customer needs a new instrument panel I sent them to a dealer.

z786
7th March, 2010, 08:25 PM
mileage can be stored in virtually evry ecu in the car, around 160 locations.

like didi said, evrytime the car develops a fault i.e blown bulb, its saves that info as a DTC along with the mileage whn it occured

Ding-Dong
8th March, 2010, 05:27 AM
Hello, the km is on: DCT errors, CAS modul, and dashboard.

no LKM (LCM), EWS and key is automatic.

HI didi

that means we only need the DASH & CAS module to make the KM VAlue

regards

didi_du_93000
7th April, 2010, 11:58 AM
HI didi

that means we only need the DASH & CAS module to make the KM VAlue

regards

Hello,

Yes just CAS and DASH, but must scan and erase ALL errors with scanner (GT1 OPS INPA...)

Ding-Dong
7th April, 2010, 05:09 PM
hi didi

thanks alot for all ur help

regards

aeroyas
7th April, 2010, 05:31 PM
just one thing, for CAS modul try to check your soft, if it's a C4 you can try (if you have a good tool for this like Rosfar RED one) but if you have C3 soft i can tel you that if you are newbie on BMW dont take risk, let the owner go home without problems ;) good luck to you

Ding-Dong
9th April, 2010, 04:41 AM
hi
which CAS is in the 2006 model 7 series 730d having the dsp3 to do it(CAS1 OBD Adapter & CAS2 cluster plug)

can any body help me pllllllllllllssssssssssss................

regards

drpeter
9th April, 2010, 06:57 AM
hi
which CAS is in the 2006 model 7 series 730d having the dsp3 to do it(CAS1 OBD Adapter & CAS2 cluster plug)

can any body help me pllllllllllllssssssssssss................

regards

CAS3 9s12X after facelift, you have to remove the CAS its on a different location then other BMW's, in the middle.

Ding-Dong
9th April, 2010, 12:54 PM
but the dsp3 doesnt have any option under 7er Except CAS & CAS2
so what to do now

regards

drpeter
9th April, 2010, 01:07 PM
but the dsp3 doesnt have any option under 7er Except CAS & CAS2
so what to do now

regards

Buy the x12 or red CAS3 programmer www.ecutool.com (http://www.ecutool.com)

Ding-Dong
9th April, 2010, 01:26 PM
Hi drpeter SIR
can u pls........ tell me that how will i know that in a given car there is CAS or CAS2 or CAS3 or CAS3+ or CAS4...............
becoz by using the DSP3 we dont need to REMOVE the CAS module from the CAR just use the OBD PLUG OR THE CLUSTER PLUG TO RESET THE CAS
if u can sort out my this problem so that would be of GREAT HELP TO ME

thanks in Advance & Best regards

drpeter
9th April, 2010, 01:40 PM
Hi drpeter SIR
can u pls........ tell me that how will i know that in a given car there is CAS or CAS2 or CAS3 or CAS3+ or CAS4...............
becoz by using the DSP3 we dont need to REMOVE the CAS module from the CAR just use the OBD PLUG OR THE CLUSTER PLUG TO RESET THE CAS
if u can sort out my this problem so that would be of GREAT HELP TO ME

thanks in Advance & Best regards

Newer Cars after 2005 all have CAS3 or higher. As far I know CAS3 can't be done without removing the CAS. I always remove them, new tools can do these with module diag, put some wires direct on CAS connector but I don't have it yet, I have to solder some wires on the board takes me 10 minutes extra, I can live with that.