Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Understanding words in a dll file

Hi all, i don t have much experience in programming language, but i am trying to understand some informations from a dll file.i opened it with hex editor and I found the section i need to understand but i have some doubts. I have every word separed by a point, for example W.O.R.D. and i have at the first start of the phrase three points ... that i dont understand. I dont understand also .{.0.}. and .{1.}.

someone can help me?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Based on the information you've provided, it sounds like you're trying to understand the contents of a DLL file using a hex editor. The dots that you're seeing in the file may represent a null-terminated string, which is a sequence of characters that is terminated by a null character (0x00).
    The three dots (...) that you're seeing at the start of some phrases may represent padding or empty bytes that to align the data in the file. The padding is typically added to ensure that the data is properly aligned with the memory or disk block boundaries, which can improve performance.
    The strings .{.0.}. and .{1.}. are a bit more difficult to interpret without additional context. However, based on the syntax, they appear to be placeholders for numerical or variable values that are substituted at runtime. The curly braces {.} are often used to denote placeholders in programming languages.
    Without more information about the specific DLL file you're analyzing and its purpose, it's difficult to provide more detailed guidance. If you have access to the source code that was used to build the DLL, that may provide additional context and help you understand the contents of the file more fully. Alternatively, you may want to seek the assistance of a more experienced developer who can help you interpret the file and provide guidance on how to work with it.