Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default 2015 Scion FR-S (GT86/BRZ) Integ Unit Assy replacement

Hi all!

I've got an american FR-S (same as BRZ/GT86) of a friend of mine with blade key (no smart key/keyless) which was flooded and I'm replacing the BCM aka Integration Unit Assembly in Subaru.
    Since it has the normal key, AFAIK, the immo info is stored in the Integ Unit Assy AND the cluster. The latter was not submerged, so it's fine; for the Integ Unit Assy unfortunately there's a pin completely missing in the MCU, so I've found an identical one (there are three version for each region.. I erred on the safe side) P/N 88281CA220.

AFAIK the immo info is stored inside this module in the 93C86 (see this thread), dumb question: can I simply swap the EEPROM content between the two modules?

I've attached the two files if anyone wants to take a peek.
    Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Write the 93c86 to donor BIU. Car will start