Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adewii View Post
    The stock firmware comes with the firmware packs you download for jungleflasher via xbins or whereever.

A new dash update is supposdly due this month, which if true is a matter of days. USB Mass storage devices will be the main feature enhancement.

I will be looking to return mine to stock for the update an then flashing it to LT 1.1.

As someone else did the original flashing for me and showed me what to do (but I'll no doubt have forgotton when it comes to it) I'll no doubt be posting n00b type questions myself, but hope to research enough first!
    Will depend on the firmware thats been put on the drive and type of drive it is.
    Have you got your original firmware from when who ever flashed the drive for you?

"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

There coud be an update today !

Microshite launch Games room today, When features such as Fackbook & twitter were added it took an update to add them to the dashboard, Games room will require another menu screen usually linked to a system Update to bring up this new menu.

If so we will get what is supposed to be the Spring update bringing with it the posability of USB support, this could be a rather big update along with a new Video Partition or Wave and another potential snoop or invasive scan of console connected to live.

If you are using LT without the patch or have not reloaded to Stock firmware and are connected to Xbox live keep an eye on your kids etc today & tomorrow for a System Update.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Exclamation

. . . . . . . . .
    Last edited by alunfennell; 23rd March, 2010 at 07:21 PM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

I had also heard that the update would be 24th but its not a source i usually use. So guys lets see if any LT users are banned

Retired Sat TV Addict
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Can i do the update with out the drive plugged in?

Read the Rules here; they apply to EveryOne.

DM800s HD
    Openbox S10
    TM500
    DM500s

90cm FortecStar dish
    Technomate 2300 motor powered by UsalS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by cunny View Post
    Will depend on the firmware thats been put on the drive and type of drive it is.
    Have you got your original firmware from when who ever flashed the drive for you?
    Nope, he gave me a copy of a bin, but when I load it into jungleflasher it says the firmware is ixtreme LT. So that's obviously not a stock firmware, but it does show me what my DVD key is.

It's a lite on 83850c model, the version that doesn't need soldering.

The jungleflasher guide does state something about that if LT is installed then I can't reterive dummy.bin anymore? Although I'm not sure how important this actually is at this stage?

Appreciate this is probably not the thread to ask, I will start a new one if necessary, but I assume (possibly incorrectly) that I can flash it back to the stock firmware still? Then treat the upgrade to LT 1.1 as if I was doing it from scratch?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adewii View Post
    Nope, he gave me a copy of a bin, but when I load it into jungleflasher it says the firmware is ixtreme LT. So that's obviously not a stock firmware, but it does show me what my DVD key is.

It's a lite on 83850c model, the version that doesn't need soldering.

The jungleflasher guide does state something about that if LT is installed then I can't reterive dummy.bin anymore? Although I'm not sure how important this actually is at this stage?

Appreciate this is probably not the thread to ask, I will start a new one if necessary, but I assume (possibly incorrectly) that I can flash it back to the stock firmware still? Then treat the upgrade to LT 1.1 as if I was doing it from scratch?
    You have the original key so should be ok.Download stock firmware,spoof key away ya go.Plus ur right on flashing to 1.1 from there.I myself have lt 1.0,just noticed the mention of this flaw and updates so ill do the same myself..

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

The reading of this post shows basically we dont know unless released when they happen.

6th APR Thats the dat now (i Was wrong)

BTW for thos who know who major nelson is
    Xbox-Scene News: Major Nelson's Xbox Live Account Hacked Over the Weekend

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thnx cunny.Keep us posted m8...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12