Register
    Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Default VW Golf4 instument cluster swap info ?

Hi

Tomorrow i will have customer that want to change his instrument cluster with another one, he have told me by phone that he has tray to another garage to change it but they can swap Instrument Cluster because the immo light is flashing and can not start car with new cluster.

I have question:

1.Can i swap clusters with original Codecard Vag login 3.08 like read eeprom from old cluster save it -then read new cluster eeprom -and write old cluster eeprom to new cluster?

2.If the immo is flashing to new cluster can i programm keys with the pin of old cluster if i have write eeprom content of the old cluster to new cluster.?

3.I have VAG-Com 409 software is possible to programm the cluster with Vag-com?

Any suggestion is wellcome

Thanks
    Nikicom locksmith

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts

Thumbs up

ive done very similiar job using clone vag commander v3.0, where read old eeprom from cluster and write to new cluster, this way it kept mileage and all key information. Two things i did do is get exactly same part no. replacement instrument cluster and after writing to replacement cluster had to remove battery, for changes to take effect m8.

hope this helps m8, and hope your codecard unit does it aswell as commander, think it will do m8.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to obdmaster For This Useful Post:

otojm (13th November, 2014)